HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City
Mar 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #16 of 51
Proably not the place to put it, but for those of us with a HM900 are we getting an upgrade to the HM901S at no cost? There were rumors of just that 

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #17 of 51
  Proably not the place to put it, but for those of us with a HM900 are we getting an upgrade to the HM901S at no cost? There were rumors of just that 

I highly doubt that... Wouldn't hurt to ask I guess?

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 51
According to hifiman-us it is newer than the CES and the earlier NYC demo prototypes.
I guess this has to be cleared out.

Quote:

Oh yes. What we had at CES and in NYC was still a prototype. Fang and his team have been working diligently to improve the HE1000 and make it as good as possible. What Fang will have at Stereo Exchange will certainly be farther along but I suspect there will be more work to be done. Sonically, it is hard to imagine how it could be better than what he heard but Fang is determined to take it as far as possible. 

Looks like it's going to be the same headphones.  FrankI said he is sending them over to Stereo Exchange.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 51
  Looks like it's going to be the same headphones.  FrankI said he is sending them over to Stereo Exchange.

My prototype went back to Summer at  Hifiman. I never said I was shipping them anywhere. They were picked up by Summer Yin at my home of Friday and a far as I know they going.to another reviewers so he may have different pair in NY. I originally picked these up in NY from Stereo Exchange.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 51
  My prototype went back to Summer at  Hifiman. I never said I was shipping them anywhere. They were picked up by Summer Yin at my home of Friday and a far as I know they going.to another reviewers so he may have different pair in NY. I originally picked these up in NY from Stereo Exchange.

Oh yeah.  Well, to me this says they are going to Stereo Exchange.  Just a little confusing the way you put it.  Made it's way out your home and Fang showing it on 3/19 in the same sentence is what made me think that.  No worries - was just a little confused.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/2/27/100x100px-LS-27b7a908_CanJam2015.jpeg[/img]
  1. Frank I
  2. Co-Founder at Headphone.Guru, Reviewer at Audio360.org and Positive Feedback
  3. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png
  5. offline
  1. 6,896 Posts. Joined 5/2009
  2. Location: NJ

The HE1000 made it way out of my house today with the EF1000-Fang will be up in Stereo Exchange in NY on 3/19 showing it and then it is going. West to CanJam.  I will have all the impressions up shortly and ready to roll.  I will miss  the headphone and looking forward to the formal review model when it get back my way. I had fun over the last month with it and cant wait for it s return. Thanks to Fang for letting me play with it and Peter and Summer for there  support.  Fantastic organization.

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 51
If what he is doing is better I cna say it would be even more awesome. Man cant wait to hear the finished product. Unfortunately i cannot make the 3/19 Gig as I will be at a rehearsal dinner for my daughter 3/20 wedding but look forward to seeing it  at the SoCal CanJam.  This  is  a special headphone.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #23 of 51
Mar 17, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #24 of 51
What kind of amp am I going to need for the HE1000?  

Assuming we are a few months from GA,  I could consider augmenting the herd sooner rather than later to avoid introducing too many new variables. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #27 of 51
Mar 17, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #29 of 51
I have huge respects for Hifiman's products. The company makes some of the best orthodynamic headphones in the market now, including the venerable HE-6, the cost effective and efficient HE-560 and HE-500. 

I am really torn, therefore, and hurt by my experience with the company's post-sales service. I do not know what else, if any, is as good as those offered by Hifiman in the market. 

I hope the company's senior executives are really hearing this and addressing these problems properly into the future. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 51
Will you be at the Stereo Exchange event in NYC on Thursday? Dr. Bian, Summer Yin who manages the U.S. office and myself will all be there. 

HiFiMAN prides itself on excellent customer service so we look forward to learning of your experiences.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back