HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51
Attention All Headphone and Portable Audio fans in the New York City metro area. 

On Thursday March 19, HiFiMAN will be featured in a major Stereo Exchange Headphone event. 

HiFiMAN founder/owner Dr. Fang Bian will be there to introduce his new flagship planar headphone, the HE1000. In previews at CES, it was described by some as the world's best headphone. Now you can hear it for yourself.

HiFiMAN will also be demonstrating the critically-acclaimed HE560 and HE400i planar phones as well as EF100 amplifier and new HM901S high–res player. Plus there will be special buys throughout the store during the event. 

Stereo Exchange is one of New York's premier showcases for the finest high-end audio products. Their huge store, located at 627 Broadway, has several state-of-the-art showrooms and runs the length of the block. 

Come join us for great discussion, food and drink, amazing sounds and lots of fun.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 51

I don't think the HE1000 will be production version at Stereo Exchange however Fang has done a lot of work on it since CES so it will be much improved and certainly closer to the production version. 

Peter

Oh ok, so this is going to be a different / improved HE1000 than what was at CES and the hotel in New York?  Cool..

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 51

Oh yes. What we had at CES and in NYC was still a prototype. Fang and his team have been working diligently to improve the HE1000 and make it as good as possible. What Fang will have at Stereo Exchange will certainly be farther along but I suspect there will be more work to be done. Sonically, it is hard to imagine how it could be better than what he heard but Fang is determined to take it as far as possible. 

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #12 of 51
Any sense of a timeline when the production phones will come to market. I was going to buy Senn hd800s but I'm thinking about saving my money and waiting for the holy grail! But how long must I wait...I'm an old man already!

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #13 of 51
I'll be there to hear them again.

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 51
Darn, work on Staten island, finish late on Thursdays, never make it. Will they be shown at the Long island meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back