Hifiman sent me HE-6s, I ordered HE-300s.
Feb 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #61 of 234
Any sympathy I had for this guy evaporated when he pseudo pitched the HE6 for sale. 

Dude at least give HiFiMan a chance to respond to your communique before touting these cans for sale!

triportsad.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #62 of 234

Quote:
Quote:

Your waiting for permission to finalize a sale now that could net you quite a sum of money; yet would send it right on back if they offer to cover shipping? Hmm...

I didn't finalize anything, I know a lot of people wouldn't even bother contacting HiFiMAN and try to resolve the issue, it's a double edged sword as obviously a lot of time has been wasted and it'll be  another two weeks before I can get any other headphones, if they give the all go I'll just sell them as HE-6s to me are useless, otherwise I'll see about getting the HE-300s again or even the 400s if they give me compensation! I've heard head-direct are fairly bad as far as customer interaction goes though so that's unlikely.
I'm just not willing to send them back from my own pocket as I can't see a reason why I should lose money because of a mistake on their end, they're not exactly light and sending them to the other side of the world costs money I don't have.

I don't feel I have to justify myself though, most people would probably just keep them and I'm not out to win any karma points I just wouldn't get much sleep knowing I've close to stolen headphones (not really stolen but you get the idea). If they let me keep them I'll sell'em and will have replacements in a week or so and the extra money would probably pay off quite a bit of my student debt, if not atleast I can say I had HE-6s for a few days.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #63 of 234
then why did you create this thread in the first place? i thought you wanted people's applause.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #64 of 234

Quote:
I said in the thread I'll only sell if I get the go ahead from head-direct/Fang, I've already been offered money in my paypal but I said wait a day or so and see what head-direct tell me.
I never planned to sell/keep it unless head-direct tell me I could hence I made the thread, if they're willing to pay the shipping back I'm more than happy to pack them up and send them back to HQ!

Oh, yeah, I'm sure you'll have Fang's full blessing to profit over a shipping mistake.  Tell me friend, had it been reversed and ordered the HE-6 and been sent the HE-300's by mistake, would you have taken the course of action you have since realizing the mistake? The word 'but' should not be in your answer.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #65 of 234
If Fang ships you the HE300s, make sure that he includes a set of scruples in the box. You're gonna need them.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #66 of 234
Any reputable company would pay for the shipping and will offer you some sort of compensation for your trouble.  Any sane company would not just say that you can keep them.

Listing them for sale just looks bad and needlessly tempts you to do the wrong thing.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #67 of 234

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I'm sure you'll have Fang's full blessing to profit over a shipping mistake.  Tell me friend, had it been reversed and ordered the HE-6 and been sent the HE-300's by mistake, would you have taken the course of action you have since realizing the mistake? The word 'but' should not be in your answer.

the OP is making no sense is my point. you created this thread which gave people the impression that you're a super honest person, and now you want to sell it hoping you can profit off the mistake. If you wanted to profit off the mistake, this thread should never have been created, and the email you sent the hifiman shouldn't have as well. Now that you have done all of the above, no turning back because hifiman knows and headfi knows. Follow through with what you say you will do, especially if you made it public in the first place. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #68 of 234

Quote:
then why did you create this thread in the first place? i thought you wanted people's applause.

Moment of sheer excitement really, makes for some good reading too.
If I wanted to keep them I'd of kept it on the down low, I know not to advertise this sort of thing if I want a desired outcome but I'm not fussed, obviously I'd prefer to keep them, who wouldn't? But it's an experience either way.
If they let me keep them I'll sell them, if not and they pay for shipping for the flight back It'll be something to remember!

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #69 of 234
Quote:
I didn't finalize anything, I know a lot of people wouldn't even bother contacting HiFiMAN and try to resolve the issue, it's a double edged sword as obviously a lot of time has been wasted and it'll be  another two weeks before I can get any other headphones, if they give the all go I'll just sell them as HE-6s to me are useless, otherwise I'll see about getting the HE-300s again or even the 400s if they give me compensation! I've heard head-direct are fairly bad as far as customer interaction goes though so that's unlikely.
I'm just not willing to send them back from my own pocket as I can't see a reason why I should lose money because of a mistake on their end, they're not exactly light and sending them to the other side of the world costs money I don't have.

I don't feel I have to justify myself though, most people would probably just keep them and I'm not out to win any karma points I just wouldn't get much sleep knowing I've close to stolen headphones (not really stolen but you get the idea). If they let me keep them I'll sell'em and will have replacements in a week or so and the extra money would probably pay off quite a bit of my student debt, if not atleast I can say I had HE-6s for a few days.

And they should cover shipping back imo, even if it's more than $50 it's a lot less than losing the HE-6 profit wise. I agree with you there.

However: 

I've already been offered money in my paypal but I said wait a day or so and see what head-direct tell me.

You said you got an offer to go direct into your paypal and are waiting for hifiman's permission before allowing the potential buyer to give you however much your selling it for. If that isn't waiting on finalizing a sale then I don't know what is.

You seem to think there's some kind of disconnect here and I do not agree; the HE-6 is worth a lot of money and should be dealt with appropriately.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #70 of 234

Quote:
Moment of sheer excitement really, makes for some good reading too. If I wanted to keep them I'd of kept it on the down low, I know not to advertise this sort of thing if I want a desired outcome but I'm not fussed, obviously I'd prefer to keep them, who wouldn't? But it's an experience either way.

And you are broke but spend 250$ on headphones and have an iMac...

Just grow up, this is a good chance.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #72 of 234

Quote:

Pay off your student debt?  Just curious if there is an ethics course where you are studying?  It's obvious that you aren't out to win any karma points in how you've handled this.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #73 of 234
The way that HE-6 was shipped leads me to think this is not an ordinary mis-shipment. My HE-500s were immaculately shipped with a nice hard case and everything was bubble wrapped to high standards. Looks like that HE-6 was tossed into a HiFi-Man bag and sent on its way in a plain box. Perhaps Fang does have a screwy employee?

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #74 of 234

Quote:
Quote:

And they should cover shipping back imo, even if it's more than $50 it's a lot less than losing the HE-6 profit wise. I agree with you there.

However: 

I've already been offered money in my paypal but I said wait a day or so and see what head-direct tell me.

You said you got an offer to go direct into your paypal and are waiting for hifiman's permission before allowing the potential buyer to give you however much your selling it for. If that isn't waiting on finalizing a sale then I don't know what is.

You seem to think there's some kind of disconnect here and I do not agree; the HE-6 is worth a lot of money and should be dealt with appropriately.

People keep skipping over what I said in the market place thread, the potential buyer knows that I'm waiting for head-directs approval and should expect to wait until said time and even then there's no guarantee I can sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back