Hifiman rezeros have almost no bass.
Oct 1, 2012 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jwusoccer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone! I just got around to listening to my hifiman rezeros today, and after doing some listening, I can say that these have almost no bass. I am by no means a bass head, but it seriously sounds like there is NO bass. I'm wondering if I got a defective pair or if they are just really bass light. I have a pair of hd650s, and those definitely are not bass heavy, but I would say that these have about 1/4 the amount of bass as those, maybe even less. They even have less bass than my apple earbuds, and that's saying something. l think ill be returning them tomorrow unless they actually are defective. Can anyone who owns these give some input? Thanks in advance!

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 10
I think I remember from reading somewhere mentioning that the re0 lacks bass. It might not be a defect but the sound sig of the headphone. If you dont like it dont hestitate to return it and get something you like. I do doubt that you will find a iem that really satisfies you because your hd650 is top notch.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 10
It's just how they sound. They are slightly bass-shy even of a neutral, flat response like Etymotic has. EQ the bass up and see if you like the results; if not, invest in another, bassier IEM. The detail level the RE0 provides is astounding though.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 10
It's just how they sound. They are slightly bass-shy even of a neutral, flat response like Etymotic has. EQ the bass up and see if you like the results; if not, invest in another, bassier IEM. The detail level the RE0 provides is astounding though.

I guess they just weren't meant for me. I've tried Eqing but it still wasn't enough for me. The detail was pretty good. I wasn't that impressed but then again I have been using full size headphones which cost a lot more :p. I knew they were bass light when I got them, but I wasnt expecting it to be that light. I think I'll just return them and go for a bassier iem. Im just hoping head directs return policy is good!:xf_eek:

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #6 of 10
It's bass light in relative comparison to you HD650. Listen to it for a longer period of time. Your brain is used to HD650.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I guess they just weren't meant for me. I've tried Eqing but it still wasn't enough for me. The detail was pretty good. I wasn't that impressed but then again I have been using full size headphones which cost a lot more
tongue.gif
. I knew they were bass light when I got them, but I wasnt expecting it to be that light. I think I'll just return them and go for a bassier iem. Im just hoping head directs return policy is good!
redface.gif

i'm inclined to say you're used to the hd650 sound signature out of a mediocre amp which is disgustingly veiled, dark and has a bit of bass emphasis. the re-zero is a tad bright and more analytical sounding than most iems. if you want bassy, i remember the entry level iems from nuforce being pretty bass heavy.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 10
i'm inclined to say you're used to the hd650 sound signature out of a mediocre amp which is disgustingly veiled, dark and has a bit of bass emphasis. the re-zero is a tad bright and more analytical sounding than most iems. if you want bassy, i remember the entry level iems from nuforce being pretty bass heavy.

I've heard them out of the wooaudio wa6 and the bottlehead crack recently. It's not just the amp. They just don't have enough bass for me, it's not enjoyable to listen to music. That being said, I'm not really a basshead. Sometimes I like bass, but for the majority of genres I listen to, I only like a little. My brother has the vsonic gr01s, and I don't find those lacking, and I know those are considered analytical.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I've heard them out of the wooaudio wa6 and the bottlehead crack recently. It's not just the amp. They just don't have enough bass for me, it's not enjoyable to listen to music. That being said, I'm not really a basshead. Sometimes I like bass, but for the majority of genres I listen to, I only like a little. My brother has the vsonic gr01s, and I don't find those lacking, and I know those are considered analytical.

you're accustomed to listening to them out of a mediocre amp though, which brings out the horrendous veil and the hd650 is already a bit more bass heavy than neutral. also, from what i can see all your previous cans are warm sounding or bass heavy, so it probably isn't the iem for you, that being said the re-zero definitely lacks some bass, just not that much.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Why not get the GR01's for yourself? They are a great IEM, neutral, analytical, highly detailed, but still have bass.

I am actually happier with my GR01's straight from an iPhone 4 than i was with my HD650's from a HeadRoom desktop amp/dac.
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back