HiFiMan RE262 with iPod Nano 6th gen
Aug 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 9
I once tried the 262s with my Nano 6g and a Fiio E6 using a lineout cable.

Without the E6 the 262s got decently loud but didn't souls like they were being driven well.
With the E6 the 262s sounded much fuller.
Haven't tried any more expensive amps, but with the 262s even a cheap amp like the E6 should improve the sound.

Good luck!
TT3rd

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks! I was actually thinking about getting an E11 because of the mixed reviews the E6 had received.

On second thought, how would the VSonic GR07 compare in performance with the 262s on the nano? I like both mid-centered and neutral headphones, but I have read that the GR07 have a treble spike, and being a person with a low treble tolerance, I was put off by that. Or is that just something that goes away with burn-in?

I can't really afford an expensive amp, so I'm pretty worried about having the 262s underperform.

I should probably take this to the IEM recommendations thread... :)

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Thanks! I was actually thinking about getting an E11 because of the mixed reviews the E6 had received.

On second thought, how would the VSonic GR07 compare in performance with the 262s on the nano? I like both mid-centered and neutral headphones, but I have read that the GR07 have a treble spike, and being a person with a low treble tolerance, I was put off by that. Or is that just something that goes away with burn-in?

I can't really afford an expensive amp, so I'm pretty worried about having the 262s underperform.

I should probably take this to the IEM recommendations thread... :)

I only listened to the GR07 briefly, but I don't really remember how well it sounded compared to the RE262. I do remember the GR07 being less demanding and ran fine on the nano.

Have you read Joker's comparison thread over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-249-iems-compared-final-audio-fi-ba-sb-and-fi-ba-sa-added-08-03-12 ?

Also, I know that a lot of people around these forums use the RE262 with a FiiO E6 and they sound satisfied...

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Yes, I have; that's where I found most of the information on these IEMs from, actually. :)

I have decided to try out the 282 with an amp to see what they sound like.

Nice, good luck with them!

TT3rd

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 9
When I tried the RE262 and RE272, I only tried them with my Hifiman HM-602 player. The player powered the RE262s effortlessly, but the RE272 seemed like there could have been a better match. I doubt an iPod by itself will be a good enough match for either the 262 and 272

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
When I tried the RE262 and RE272, I only tried them with my Hifiman HM-602 player. The player powered the RE262s effortlessly, but the RE272 seemed like there could have been a better match. I doubt an iPod by itself will be a good enough match for either the 262 and 272

Thanks, I will try them with an E11 amp, and if I am very impressed by them, I will keep them.

Do you think the E11 is a good fit for the 262?

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Thanks, I will try them with an E11 amp, and if I am very impressed by them, I will keep them.

Do you think the E11 is a good fit for the 262?

Honestly speaking, I can't say for sure because I haven't tried it. However, I lied on my post up there. I did try the RE262 with the JDSLabs C421 and I found them to be a nice match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back