HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Sep 6, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #736 of 902
Got my re600 replacement, after returning defective one 2 months ago. After using for about 2 weeks, the left earphone randomly loses sound. This is so aggravating now that I no longer have warranty to have this replaced this time. I planned to sell this once I opened the box, but had faith in it again after hearing its amazing sound quality. However, the bad cable quality is a deal breaker, and I do not plan to buy iems just so I could spend some more for recabling. God this is such a bummer for an expensive IEM

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #737 of 902
Got my re600 replacement, after returning defective one 2 months ago. After using for about 2 weeks, the left earphone randomly loses sound. This is so aggravating now that I no longer have warranty to have this replaced this time. I planned to sell this once I opened the box, but had faith in it again after hearing its amazing sound quality. However, the bad cable quality is a deal breaker, and I do not plan to buy iems just so I could spend some more for recabling. God this is such a bummer for an expensive IEM

I'd still email them regarding replacements.  Depending on where you are, at times the replacements even have to have some sort of guarantee on them (I think 30-90 days or something).  Still, email them and plead your case, they may be nice and replace them anyways.  

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with their originals that are still going strong, the only real issue I've ran into is the balanced-to-unbalanced adapter going bad.  

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #738 of 902

I'd still email them regarding replacements.  Depending on where you are, at times the replacements even have to have some sort of guarantee on them (I think 30-90 days or something).  Still, email them and plead your case, they may be nice and replace them anyways.  

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with their originals that are still going strong, the only real issue I've ran into is the balanced-to-unbalanced adapter going bad.  

Thanks, but that will get me a lot of hassle.  Customs here in our country is so corrupt, shipping personal items will get taxed so bad I'd rather buy a new pair.  

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #739 of 902
Thanks, but that will get me a lot of hassle.  Customs here in our country is so corrupt, shipping personal items will get taxed so bad I'd rather buy a new pair.  

That is horrible. I'm sorry to hear that :/

Sep 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #740 of 902
with trepidation I ordered a set of the re600s.  having read the last dozen pages I have a little heartburn and wonder if my desire for strong mids and pleasing vocals overcame my better judgment.  I may spend a few extra dollars for an AHD replacement warranty.  

I'm glad yours held up well, tinyman.   

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #741 of 902
These arrived with a defective jack.  Yeah they sound good but it's still disappointing to have the bad rep for QC confirmed within five minutes.  That these were $400 initially seems a bit crazy.  The sound does seem very nice, I love the neutral sound, the mids are good, the bass was textured, no sibilance and metal sounded better than I expected.  Even though I knew I was sending them back I still played around a bit with tips and different artists but the fact that I had to hold the jack down to hear both channels caused me to give up.  

I won't bother trying to replace these with another re600.  The search continues. At least it's a fun project. 

Sep 20, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #742 of 902
  These arrived with a defective jack.  Yeah they sound good but it's still disappointing to have the bad rep for QC confirmed within five minutes.  That these were $400 initially seems a bit crazy.  The sound does seem very nice, I love the neutral sound, the mids are good, the bass was textured, no sibilance and metal sounded better than I expected.  Even though I knew I was sending them back I still played around a bit with tips and different artists but the fact that I had to hold the jack down to hear both channels caused me to give up.  

I won't bother trying to replace these with another re600.  The search continues. At least it's a fun project. 

i had the re600 and liked them a lot , then moved on to K3003 and sold the re600 within 48 hours 
tongue.gif

fantastic iem, you can find some here going for around 500-550$ which is a terrific price , imho

musical/balanced/detailed/airy , these iems are really good and they are keepers (have mine since 12/2015 and i have no plans of selling them)

they are not a hype monster though (like some other iems/companies which i will not mention ) so you need to ask yourself if you wanna ride the hype train or the pleasure spaceship

cheers

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #743 of 902

i had the re600 and liked them a lot , then moved on to K3003 and sold the re600 within 48 hours 
tongue.gif

fantastic iem, you can find some here going for around 500-550$ which is a terrific price , imho

musical/balanced/detailed/airy , these iems are really good and they are keepers (have mine since 12/2015 and i have no plans of selling them)

they are not a hype monster though (like some other iems/companies which i will not mention ) so you need to ask yourself if you wanna ride the hype train or the pleasure spaceship

cheers

I'd love to get those and thanks so much for the recommendation.  I set a $200 budget for new IEMs and have to stick to it.  These are funds diverted from another, costlier hobby 
frown.gif
 The re600 came in just under budget too, alas. 

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #744 of 902
Hi i Own a RE 600 and i need more bass. How well does the bass sound on re 600? Does it affect the mids or clarity?.
And on the headstage website there is a regular model and there is a enhanced bass model. Should i go for the enhanced model? Or will the regular model get me covered

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #746 of 902
The RE600 lack bass in my opinion, especially if you are listening to metal etc. But I'm using them with a Headstage Arrow amp and the bass boost fixes that problem.

Hi i Own a RE 600 and i need more bass. How well does the bass sound on re 600? Does it affect the mids or clarity?.
And on the headstage website there is a regular model and there is a enhanced bass model. Should i go for the enhanced model? Or will the regular model get me covered

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #750 of 902
  @mark2410 which one do you prefer?

well i dont know.  both are superb, i mean really really good but you know thats a given.  they do things a little differently but for me the factors it would come down to that put some space between them are, cost and isolation.

if cost really matters to you then the 600 is way cheaper.

if max iso really matters to you then the 180 is way better.

in acoustic terms they are both glorious and tonaly, detail, abilities are of and extremely similar level so to pick id be looking to cash and iso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back