HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Nov 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #541 of 902
Ordered the RE-600 and it did not work right out of the box. I was experiencing a break in sound and I think the problem was with the adapter.  I probably should have purchased the RE-600S since I was planning to use these with standard devices.  I don't think Amazon is selling the 600S, but they are available directly from the Head-Direct website. 

Now my wandering eye is also looking at the Havi B Pro II! I gotta stop this addiction! :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #542 of 902
back in 2010 , before i joined this wallet-bleeder place
tongue.gif
, i had 10$ sony buds and a measly discman

4 years later , addiction is on DX90/RE600 levels and i hope i can keep it tamed for a while
biggrin.gif

problem is that i am waiting for my dx90 to arrive and coming from a J3 i fear the sonic upgrade will probaby awake the upgraditis beast in me

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #543 of 902
tongue.gif

4 years later , addiction is on DX90/RE600 levels and i hope i can keep it tamed for a while
biggrin.gif

problem is that i am waiting for my dx90 to arrive and coming from a J3 i fear the sonic upgrade will probaby awake the upgraditis beast in me

It will 
popcorn.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #544 of 902
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Did you also consider the Fiio X5 ?

I have the X5 + E12 combo and love em :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #545 of 902

Did you also consider the Fiio X5 ?

I have the X5 + E12 combo and love em :)

it was a runner up , but i have a feeling the dx90 will sound better to what i am looking for - differences are minimal i guess after a point and it comes down to what you are looking for/ what your gut instinct says you to get.

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #546 of 902

it was a runner up , but i have a feeling the dx90 will sound better to what i am looking for - differences are minimal i guess after a point and it comes down to what you are looking for/ what your gut instinct says you to get.

The dual card slot for the X5 was a big factor for me.  Lossless files take up so much space I felt I needed that extra slot

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #547 of 902

The dual card slot for the X5 was a big factor for me.  Lossless files take up so much space I felt I needed that extra slot

yeah, the dual sd card was a big (+) for me too , but i guess you can switch sd cards but not sound sig , right ?

the only thing that really bugs me is the dx90's short battery time , but i went and bought an extra battery

like i said , both daps seem to be a very good purchase - when i get the dx90 i will report with my thoughts on the dx90/re600 synergy

Dec 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #549 of 902
Im wondering. The re600 is being sold for $200 right now. Do you think hifiman will keep it that way permanently or will they raise it up? 

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #551 of 902
this is too good an iem for 200$

i put on some hifiman double flanges stock tips (medium) and it expanded the already large soundstage even more

beautiful.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #552 of 902
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

..., before i joined this wallet-bleeder place
tongue.gif

I understand you very well.It is sure a wallet bleeder place..
But I like it very much.
happy_face1.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #553 of 902
me too, brother - the money spent on iems and related iems here have been my best money spent

the dx90 is one awesome player , and with the FS threads here you can find great deals if you keep on looking

and finally re600 has some bass power without being too heavy on the remaining freqs

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #554 of 902
  me too, brother - the money spent on iems and related iems here have been my best money spent

the dx90 is one awesome player , and with the FS threads here you can find great deals if you keep on looking

and finally re600 has some bass power without being too heavy on the remaining freqs

You know,I am from Athens too.
smile.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #555 of 902

I thought about this too.  It seems permanent, but I pulled the trigger just in case.  Too good of a deal to pass up anyways.

Yep I think I will too but I have some responsibilities to fulfill with my money so I really hope its permanent because I doubt I will be able to pay out before Februrary  ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back