HiFiMAN RE-600 IEM Upgrade Path
Aug 29, 2016 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AltCtrl

100+ Head-Fier
I love my HiFiMAN RE-600's. The sound signature is just to my liking and they have some of the most crisp sound I have heard. However, the stock cable is terrible.. I've replaced/bought my RE-600 three times over a few years and there are dozens of complaints about the stock cable. Is there anyone I can go to get them re-cabled or should I look for an upgrade.

I consider myself a med-fier bang for the buck kind of guy and have around a $400 budget. I listen to Electronica/EDM, Industrial, Rock and Metal. I love the shape of the RE-600 and would prefer if the IEM had that similar small shape.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 7
The Aurisonics Rockets have a similar frequency response to the Hifiman RE-400 and RE-600, with much better build quality. The only problem is that they are not currently in production, so you would have to go with New Old Stock or buy used.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 7
I heard the ue900s has that same sound signature.

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 7
I contacted HifiMAN customer service and they said they'll replace it with a version 2 that they've made. Hope this version holds up.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 7
  I contacted HifiMAN customer service and they said they'll replace it with a version 2 that they've made. Hope this version holds up.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

version 2 is basically upgraded build quality, I believe the sound got better but people say its the same

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 7
That is good for you if they replaced the cable or with a new pair

I'd love to keep listening to my re-262 but cable is cut and really stiff like if they had dried. I want to buy a new pair of iem but they wont be re600 because I am too afraid

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I've been using my RE-600 v2 for a while now and they're great! No complaints and I can tell me build quality is better. Lets hope they last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back