HiFiMan RE-262 on Cowon S9/ J3
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 6
used it on my J3

unamped it was ok , amped with arrow 1G was better

i boosted a bit the highs because there is a treble roll-off

nothin more to add.

boost the highs a bit and you will be fine.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. My knowledge of DAPs and amps is still limited. I have a cowon s9 and have been interested in purchasing the re262s for awhile now. I understand that the cowon s9 would not benefit much from an amp because it does not have a line out. However, Ive also read that the re262s dont shine without an amp. What should I do in this situation? Will the re262 be lacking on my s9? Should I buy a new DAP to pair with an amp?

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 6
if you have decided on the iem then it's only logical to try it with your dap then upgrade if your unhappy. From my experiences with the re262 and j3, no amp is required, i feel that carrying an amp around (fuze + ibasso D10) does not have a significant upgrade in sq to justify the added size and lower battery life.
Quote:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. My knowledge of DAPs and amps is still limited. I have a cowon s9 and have been interested in purchasing the re262s for awhile now. I understand that the cowon s9 would not benefit much from an amp because it does not have a line out. However, Ive also read that the re262s dont shine without an amp. What should I do in this situation? Will the re262 be lacking on my s9? Should I buy a new DAP to pair with an amp?

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 6
Being on a budget, I do not want to buy an IEM right away if it does not work with my current DAP. I dont have the money at the moment to purchase an IEM, DAP, and amp. Just wanted some information for later on. But good to know that there is not a significant increase in sound quality. Anyone else want to chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back