HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410
Oct 21, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 181
RE-00 > RE-400. I was hugely disappointed with the 400. The 00 is much clearer and much more detailed. The 400 to me always felt congested and lacked clarity.

i know what you mean, while i liked more the overal balance of the 400 its treble was a disappointment.  still better than everything else at the price but the treble was sooooooooooo good on the RE-0 and ZERO it just wasnt the same.  i think both have a place thoug with is why im so glad to see the RE-00 in production

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #17 of 181
Wow! I just picked up a pair of 400's about a week ago. It will be interesting to compare the two side by side.  

There is a definite advantage to a neutral biased headphone that I don't hear mentioned much.  They provide a blank slate for EQ'ing.  I enjoy a well mastered recording with neutral headphones, but some tracks are just recorded very flat.  My RE-400 are very capable of ear shaking bass with the right track and EQ while still preserving the mids and highs.  

Looking forward to giving these a listen.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 181
Thanks for the review. Ordered a pair straightaway and am curious how they sound compaired to my er4's. If it is even close it is incredible value for money.

Maybe i should start buying them for all my white earbud friends :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 181
Argh, after reading your review, I start to regret selling mine. Since the first massdrop batch was delayed quite long, I bought trinity hyperion at quite OK price and direcly sold my RE-00 when it arrived.
Well, since Massdrop reopen RE-00, I'm buying another pair again. :D

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #22 of 181
I've been liking these more and more especially with triple flanges, and then today I just plugged them into my tube amp. WOW.  Something really magical is happening in my ears.   Where's the eargasm emote?  

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #23 of 181
My classical music biased taste is very pleased with my RE400's. Just joined the "OO" drop. I hope all the excitement is more than a fad...
Last time I joined a drop was for the OSTRY KC06A and they sound quite terrible ! hoping for better luck...

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 181
My classical music biased taste is very pleased with my RE400's. Just joined the "OO" drop. I hope all the excitement is more than a fad...
Last time I joined a drop was for the OSTRY KC06A and they sound quite terrible ! hoping for better luck...

They are at very least worth the money even if they aren't your ideal sound signature

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #25 of 181
Thanks for the review. Ordered a pair straightaway and am curious how they sound compaired to my er4's. If it is even close it is incredible value for money.

Maybe i should start buying them for all my white earbud friends
smily_headphones1.gif

please when you get them come back and say, im betting yourll be either elated at how close they are to your ER4 or pissed that they come so close to your ER4 after having paid for the ER4's

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #26 of 181
  Argh, after reading your review, I start to regret selling mine. Since the first massdrop batch was delayed quite long, I bought trinity hyperion at quite OK price and direcly sold my RE-00 when it arrived.
Well, since Massdrop reopen RE-00, I'm buying another pair again. :D

yeah you should have listened first.  i mean when my pair arrived they sat for days becaues i thought, oh at that price they are probably more like the RE-300 than the 0, theoy are just so cheap. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #27 of 181

come back and say please, if you like the 400 id wager you will have your socks blown of with these at their price

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #28 of 181
I think the only real complaint I could come up with on the RE-00 was the tip selection was really minimal.  I was hoping there'd be my favorite small biflanges, but no luck.  When the RE-00 arrived, I had already sold off my Ety HF5, which was my previous inexpensive classical IEM I could take with me everywhere, so it fills a slot quite nicely.  All this reminds me, I haven't listened to the RE-00 on my newly picked up V10, so I do believe it's time to give them a go.

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #29 of 181
  I think the only real complaint I could come up with on the RE-00 was the tip selection was really minimal.  I was hoping there'd be my favorite small biflanges, but no luck.  When the RE-00 arrived, I had already sold off my Ety HF5, which was my previous inexpensive classical IEM I could take with me everywhere, so it fills a slot quite nicely.  All this reminds me, I haven't listened to the RE-00 on my newly picked up V10, so I do believe it's time to give them a go.

well  i sort of agree with the tip selection.  its very spartan but...... the thing is stupid cheap.  would you rather it came with a heap of tips and Complys and it be US$20 more? perhaps as as add on bundle for the drops?

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #30 of 181
Oh no, I don't need a huge selection, but a couple more options would be nice. Perhaps two more pairs and I'd have been quite happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back