HIFIMAN on Wood
Mar 13, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #31 of 71
Solid wood yields great acoustic sound but it's fragile and prone to cracking. We use custom molded plywood, which retains the acoustic advantages of solid wood without the drawbacks. 

Plywood sounds like solid wood? Looks like I can save a ton of money on musical instruments.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #32 of 71
plywood... buhahaha cosmic technology... looks cheap and... is cheap... and wood is better for audio

why this hmm... something is on main page?

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #34 of 71
Mar 13, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #36 of 71
  sorry i am not a native english i was meaning may be "peeled off " the syntehtique leather is going off anf look ugly 
on the ear pad i am sure that is affecting the sound (less insulation) 
but we can change the ear pad off cours 

Oh really? Mine still look good as new. HiFiMAN aren't exactly known for their robust build quality, unfortunately. 

I think I've been really lucky with my HE-560, they are good as new, the headband and cups are all still stiff, I've had to send my HE-1000 in because the headband is a mess, it's so loose it's unreal. 
confused_face.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #37 of 71

Oh really? Mine still look good as new. HiFiMAN aren't exactly known for their robust build quality, unfortunately. 

I think I've been really lucky with my HE-560, they are good as new, the headband and cups are all still stiff, I've had to send my HE-1000 in because the headband is a mess, it's so loose it's unreal. 
confused_face.gif

mine was looking new also during 1.5 or 2 years but when it start to go wrong it s going very quick 
you kidding me , at 3 billion $ headphone the headband is a mess 
my writing is only for company to go head with better product and stop foul us with disposale product at insane price ...

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #40 of 71
Not surprised with this HFM damage control thread.  Although in fairness Audeze is just as bad with their wood.  Simple google of "audeze wood crack" and you find something as recent as:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/838512/audeze-lcd-2-2-wood-cracking-and-fastener-failure

Hope my HE1K V2 lasts for the King's ransom paid.

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #43 of 71
  Change their whole business model, then. Good luck with that.

lol of course i know i will not change any thing (alone)
why nike do not product any more their shoes by children ?
because customer and media are strong when they work together 
but if you are ok to spend 3000$ on headphone (not very well made) off course they keep going ...

I apolgie for my bad english and maybe not very well explained 

Enjoy your music is the best thing to do 
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #44 of 71
  lol of course i know i will not change any thing (alone)
why nike do not product any more their shoes by children ?
because customer and media are strong when they work together 
but if you are ok to spend 3000$ on headphone (not very well made) off course they keep going ...

I apolgie for my bad english and maybe not very well explained 

Enjoy your music is the best thing to do 
wink.gif

I should have put a 
smily_headphones1.gif
 or something after my post. It was my attempt at a light-hearted statement on what appears to be HiFiMan's business practices.

I think you are correct in expressing your experience and frustration. I agree speaking out is the way to (possibly) get the attention of a company or the media as to what a company is doing. Information will certainly help fellow consumers. It is good for us to stick together.

(Your English is getting the job done - very understandable, btw.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back