Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #646 of 666
I was reading a lot (various topics at the same time) last night so I cannot specifically recall where it was I did see it. From what I remember the sound sig before had somewhat of an airer presentation. Any luck finding the firmware?

Im busy at the moment but will update when I find the post.

May 5, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #647 of 666
hi everyone, I got the hifiman mega mini, and it took me by total surprise, it drives my he x v2 and cascade amazingly

I owned good a few totl daps, but this mega mini is so dam amazing

this lead me to start to think bout the flagship hifiman dap, how does it compare to mega mini

the mega mini, offers a big soundstage, amazing punch and great details, how is this possible from such a tiny dap is making me wonder

May 25, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #648 of 666
  1. qejgnXWB.jpg_large
    QDJ7X1YL.jpg_large
  2. Regarding to Hifiman HM901S

3. I’d dismantled for repairing my HM901S since my warranty had been void, due to eccentricity problem in the volume knob.

4. Unfortunately I found out that you’re using polished and reprinted OPA2107s in LPF section. Contrarily, OPA627s in I/V section are genuine.

5. Also, “Power amplifier card” has fake components like BUF634U and OPA627AU.
  6. Resistance btwn 1-4pin on 634U was 3.7kOhms, that should be in 2.7-3.3kOhms.
  7. They are not official products at least, also the printings on top are not same as genuine products obviously.
  8. BUF634Us produced in 2007 should have same printing scheme as current one (5 digits datecode).
  9. OPA627AUs produced in 2002 should have 4 digits detecode printing, or should have current type 5 digits if they really were produced in 2012.

10. I, and you might know, there are quite huge fake component markets in China.
  11. Unfortunately, they had come, and already soldered and used into your products in field, and already spreaded globally.
  12. As a pair of genuine OPA627AU in I/V, that means, and I’m guessing you are not intended to cheat us. However there are fake components in your products and couldn’t archive specs that you claim.

13. Anyway, I think there were opportunities for several batches of amplifier cards or HM901S with fake components.
  14. Basically you are not blame to, but need to answer for this fake components.
  15. Also you have to complain and blame suppliers you used. If you insist the supplier is authorized, send images of receipt for me, and will notify TI and send the fake components to make a proof.

16. The reason why I directly correspond you with is, awful attitude of Japanese distributor, and they are just useless, again....USELESS.
  17. I think Hifiman ought to inspect all units in the market, and need to make a relief measure to cover. This is a question of morals.
  18. But they didn’t notifiy this issue to headquarters, also made no move to begin research about that, just incompetence and wasting time.
  19. I’ve first send my HM901S back to them due to battery’s rattling and unsettled issue, volume control instability, and sudden shutdown.
  20. But they had returned it back to me without repairing, and just installed latest test FW into it.
  21. This latest test FW even couldn’t detect music files at all.
  22. All I can say, this FW was completely defected, fatal, and desperating.
  23. I remind that HM901S had become top line DAP in Hifiman once, this is convincing me Hifiman's qualitty.

24. I’m ready for disclosing whole transactions if you need or requested.
twitter: https://twitter.com/Rimo394u/status/1000032070033276929?s=20

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #653 of 666
can i ask, how does 901s these days stand againt daps as AK Se100, if we take sound quality alone in consideration, or maybe compared to dx200

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #654 of 666
I just got a new megamini for £30 as a blind purchase. Wow, incredible sound for the price. Shame it has new eq facility but otherwise taken me by surprise. Is the 901s still a good purchase or has everyone moved to the expensive one who's name I can't remember

Jul 6, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #655 of 666
Hi,
Have Anyone tried sd 400gb for hifiman 901s? My 901s read it too much time ( about 2hours) and then it was shutted down suddenly. When i restart, it have to scan library again. Could anyone have this problem? Thanks

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #656 of 666
Hi,
Have Anyone tried sd 400gb for hifiman 901s? My 901s read it too much time ( about 2hours) and then it was shutted down suddenly. When i restart, it have to scan library again. Could anyone have this problem? Thanks

Hi there, can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

Thank you!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 7, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #657 of 666
Hi there, can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

Thank you!

April
I tried reset my player it still works well. I tried it with SD card 128gb, and i'll try it with SD
400 gb later. I used my 901s over 3 years and i still really love it.
Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #658 of 666
I just got a new megamini for £30 as a blind purchase. Wow, incredible sound for the price. Shame it has new eq facility but otherwise taken me by surprise. Is the 901s still a good purchase or has everyone moved to the expensive one who's name I can't remember
Wow!! The Mega Mini has an eq? I don't know why Hifi-Man didn't fix the eq issue with from the Hm-650 on up. That would have made easier to mate the units with various headphones, including their headphones. Instead no option is given to adjust sound besides the vintage/hd switch and the filter in the menu. They need to do an update across the board and add that. It would only add to their sales by doing so.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #659 of 666
Hello all. I have a question. I read in this post that the 802s has a more organic signature than the 901s. I just purchased the Ananda's and I'm looking for a detailed, organic, huge soundstage with some sub bass output. I've had the 601, 603, 400i and I now have the 650 with the power II and mini box gold cards. It sounds pretty good but I get some some brightness somewhere between 5-8 khz. I want more a less a 601 sound signature but better. Would the 802s give me that or should I get the 901s? I plan on getting a balanced card since I now have the Ananda's btw. Any information would be appreciated.

Oct 24, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #660 of 666
Does anyone still keep fw 2.003 pls up it for me? The download link on the offical web is dead

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back