Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Jan 9, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #601 of 666
U dun need the cradle to charge the battery u can plug the cable straight to yr player see does it work.. If not yr charger adapter is gone.

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #602 of 666
Yepp, the battery before this one (the original) was always charged in the player, pretty much the same story happened (does not charge at all). I'm only using the cradle, because I can easily reach the pins and measure voltages.
Besides that, I don't really want to play around with a possibly malfunctioning charger and a 1000 USD player...

The customer service replied, still they have to contact the engineers to answer my questions.

Jan 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #603 of 666
Did you check voltage directly from the output of the charger?

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #604 of 666
No, that was the point. I could not reach it with my measuring tool, and that time I did not know the "PIN map" of the connector either.
But, as I think I mentioned before, I would not suspect the cradle itself to be defective, because the original battery did not charge through the player either.

As I see things now, I've got two options:
- the charger is broken
- the player is broken, and eats batteries quite fast, and cannot recharge them 

Now I don't want to experiment with a faulty anything at this pricerange, until my (quite simple) questions will be answered. The guy at the cutomer service is cooperative, but he does not know about the circuits or voltages, etc. --> will ask someone from the engineering department.
And finally, if they say 0V is not normal on either pairs, I will know at last, that my charger is broken, and will (realtively) gladly order another unit.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #606 of 666
Too busy listening to music on my 901/minibox with T70p to post. :blush:

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #608 of 666
Again: Ask customer service.

I expect it means your charger only charges one of the two sections of the battery.

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #611 of 666
Where can i download latest firmware of hm901s?the link on their site is not working.

It has been down for quite a while, but it's working now.
http://hifiman.com/services

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #613 of 666
Hifiman never updates again hm901s firmware...is it totally neglected by hfm?

They might be thinking "don't fix it, if it ain't broke", I guess.

However, if the tag browsing function hasn't been (secretly) fixed in the v2.004, then there is certainly room for improvement.

Genre browsing for example is useless since you get ALL tracks and sorted by track number / file name. Also, albums with various artists are listed a different albums for each artist. I have a 6CD album which is listed about 100 times because of this... until I changed artist to "Various Artists" instead of the real name of the artists.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #614 of 666
Review of HM901S (and other DAPs):

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/survey-digital-audio-players-part-3-hifiman-hm901s#qko4OxvKys7hClmH.97

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #615 of 666
ok..

so i just heard all of my songs as per the meter shown in NOW PLAYING screen..
all 6500+ (95% 16bit) are directly saved in the SD card, no folders & subfolders..
started listening April 2016 with this setup for an average playback time of 3-4hrs/day..
of course not daily, 2-3x per week..
unshuffled, no skipping, just plug & play..

what I have observed is that the 901s' still playing the previously-played songs..
say, what am hearing today was already played 4days ago or a week ago or so despite unshuffled..
am pretty sure i dont have any duplicate songs..
this is very minor though, no big deal..

am truly amazed with its battery life..
i bought it Sep2015 but still getting 8-9hrs on a single full-charged cycle..
i had the old 901 and i was really disappointed with its battery..

i enjoyed each moment listening to my 901s paired with tg334..
now, new songs were added to my music library since then..
reformatted my card, loaded new songs to it and with the same format above, just plug & play..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back