Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Oct 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #377 of 666
I listened to 901s with my Sennheiser IE800 today, find it very very mid centric.
Not the type of sound signature that I like.

I don't find the 901s mid centric with any of the cards and various monitors. 

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #378 of 666
I also upgraded my 901 to the 901s. I'm pleased with the improvement, aside from the better case, scroll wheel and volume control, the sonic signature has improved detail, soundstage without sacrificing the natural, flat frequency response of the 901.
I've been using the IEM card with UE PRM's. At RMAF 2015 I visited the Hifiman booth and tried out their new Musical Amplifier Card. Fang said that this latest version of the Discrete card had been modified to reduce gain, and due to higher power consumption and heat dissipation battery life may be an hour or two shorter. I really liked what I heard on my PRM's, more dynamic and more detail. With the IEM card volume set at 6, is about equal to 5 on the Discrete card. Still burning in my new Discrete card but I highly recommend it based on what I've heard so far.
And thanks to the people at Hifiman, they've always been very helpful.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #379 of 666
I also upgraded my 901 to the 901s. I'm pleased with the improvement, aside from the better case, scroll wheel and volume control, the sonic signature has improved detail, soundstage without sacrificing the natural, flat frequency response of the 901.
I've been using the IEM card with UE PRM's. At RMAF 2015 I visited the Hifiman booth and tried out their new Musical Amplifier Card. Fang said that this latest version of the Discrete card had been modified to reduce gain, and due to higher power consumption and heat dissipation battery life may be an hour or two shorter. I really liked what I heard on my PRM's, more dynamic and more detail. With the IEM card volume set at 6, is about equal to 5 on the Discrete card. Still burning in my new Discrete card but I highly recommend it based on what I've heard so far.

Have you tried minibox amp card? If yes, can you please compare them?

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #380 of 666

hi David, looking forward to inputs on the musical card. i've the minibox gold and the 2 amp cards i've been eying are the musical and elfidelity balanced.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #381 of 666
Hi guys.
I just bought hm901s with balanced card. I wanted to buy another soundcard. Any advice between musical and musicbox gold? I use mainly for my grado collection headfon and fitear iems. Thanks.

Nb. I wanted something similar to lotoo pawgold sound.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #382 of 666
see my comparision here..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656138/hifiman-hm-901-visit-pg-18-imgs-pg-19-new-beta-fw-1st-page-to-the-901s-new-901s-fw/3360#post_12021840

Oct 26, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #384 of 666
Hi guys.
I just bought hm901s with balanced card. I wanted to buy another soundcard. Any advice between musical and musicbox gold? I use mainly for my grado collection headfon and fitear iems. Thanks.

Nb. I wanted something similar to lotoo pawgold sound.

the balanced card doesn't pairs well with your grados & 334 yono?

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #385 of 666
the balanced card doesn't pairs well with your grados & 334 yono?

The grado pairs well with both.. I have both grado n tg334.his set is not yet arrive yet..

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #386 of 666
apology if these had been asked before..

is the new elfidelity balanced card comes with the 901s as stock?
how does it differ with the old version of the balanced card?

is it necessary to remove the amp card if i connect the 901s to an external amp?

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #387 of 666
  apology if these had been asked before..

is the new elfidelity balanced card comes with the 901s as stock?
how does it differ with the old version of the balanced card?

is it necessary to remove the amp card if i connect the 901s to an external amp?

1. No, the 901S is sold with different amp cards (so there is no "stock" amp card). You could try asking Head-Direct if they will sell the HM901S with the Elfidelity amp if you prefer that.
2. The "old" or normal Balanced amp card and the Elfidelity have different sound signatures AFAIK, but - again - you will have to ask customer service about that, because I haven't seen anyone here posting their impressions about the Elfidelity amps.
3. No, it's not necessary to remove the amp card when using it with line out (the dock connector in the bottom of the DAP).

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #388 of 666
1. No, the 901S is sold with different amp cards (so there is no "stock" amp card). You could try asking Head-Direct if they will sell the HM901S with the Elfidelity amp if you prefer that.
2. The "old" or normal Balanced amp card and the Elfidelity have different sound signatures AFAIK, but - again - you will have to ask customer service about that, because I haven't seen anyone here posting their impressions about the Elfidelity amps.
3. No, it's not necessary to remove the amp card when using it with line out (the dock connector in the bottom of the DAP).
Can use the headphone out as a lineout by removing the amp card?

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #389 of 666

1. I chose the balanced card on my purchase but the local seller near in my place cannot confirm if its the Elfidelity either. I will assume it is still the normal Balanced card until I'll receive it in the next few days..
3. If it's not necessary to remove it, is the battery life the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back