Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Jun 6, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #466 of 585
Not seen information about this anywhere, but the power button can pause playback :play_pause: from the SD card if you press it quickly.

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #467 of 585
Not seen information about this anywhere, but the power button can pause playback :play_pause: from the SD card if you press it quickly.

Long pressing volume up/down also worked to skip to next/prev track. At least it used to work on my red HM1K; no longer works on mine since updating to the latest firmware several weeks ago.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #469 of 585
i got the hm1000 hymalaya, sounds good.
exactly what i wanted, like a portable EF400 🙂

Attachments

• 9FC9AC26-BF50-429D-AE73-A3F737BB8D93.jpeg
    9FC9AC26-BF50-429D-AE73-A3F737BB8D93.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #471 of 585
How does it compare to the DAPs u've owned or tried?
I like R2R sound more. I have cayin n6ii R01 which is also R2R. I'll be bias on any R2R 🙂

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #472 of 585
I like R2R sound more. I have cayin n6ii R01 which is also R2R. I'll be bias on any R2R 🙂
Thanks for sharing.

Is there any way of checking what is the firmware and Bluetooth version of the hm1000 with an Android phone? Any Android app? I've installed the Hifiman Remote which control playback remotely only.

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #473 of 585
Thanks for sharing.

Is there any way of checking what is the firmware and Bluetooth version of the hm1000 with an Android phone? Any Android app? I've installed the Hifiman Remote which control playback remotely only.
There should be an icon that looks like a player on the top right, clicking on the that takes you to a screen with all the info you need… firmware version, battery level, volume, etc.

Jul 13, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #475 of 585
A2680E10-F34F-4604-8EDC-1467E048B247.jpeg

Not so long ago, I discovered (from @RPKwan) that other than the Red (2x PCM1702), Silver (2x PCM1704) and Black or Gold (4x PCM1704) editions, all in aluminium chassis, of the HM1000, there was one other little seen, little known Stainless Steel model, also with 4x Burr Brown PCM1704 R2R chipset, in existence. Word has it, Hifiman made a few of these, circa 20, maybe fewer, and decided it was too difficult and/or expensive to do commercially, and decided to settle on the aluminium housing. I set out to hunt for this unicorn and after a few months, and a few extra bucks to convince a reluctant owner to sell it, I managed to score one!

Rightaway, it feels a lot more solid to the touch, much heavier to hold and the color of the image above doesn't do justice to the real thing, the bronzey patina is really quite something to behold. There have been DAPs, with same specs, housed in different material chassis that purportedly deliver different sound signatures. The AKs, from the AK380 to the SP2K in a variety of metals, the N8 Brass Black, LPGT Ti... I've had the SP2K Cu but have not done any meaningful comparisons truth be told, and if there was any sound difference between the HM1K-SS and HM1K-Gold, which I owned and sold when I purchased the SS, it'd possibly be the note weight being a hair weightier, overall sound a touch denser, but otherwise it's just the same glorious sound that the HM1K had been dutifully providing me in the past. In all honesty, I neither expected before nor believed now that there's any notable sonic differences between the HM1K-SS and HM1K-Gold, it's really all about the looks and rarity for me. Can't tell you how happy I am to add this to my collection. 😊

Interestingly, I also picked up the LP6 Ti, as well as the 7AE, recently, both of which arriving when I no longer had the HM1K Gold. I can say from the early (re)listening to the SS, it certainly isn't inferior by any standards; instead, I am hearing different approaches the brands have taken, more dynamics, a larger soundstage on the HM1K than the very mids-focused signature of the LP6 -- more complementary than competitive. IMO and experience, both -- the HM1K and LP6 -- represent the best-in-class portable R2R DAP/DACs currently in the market, benchmarks for others to measure against.

Jul 13, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #477 of 585
Lp6 ti 7th anniversary. The limited edition totl of totl dap made my LP

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #479 of 585
A some days ago blue light of my HM1000 went out and bluetooth not works more. Input switch didn't help, and it turned to USB-only dac. Hifiman declined to repair or change it even for money!

Fortunately I ressurected HM1000 with completly discharging and starting charging again. After charging was started a blue light is flashing again and bluetooth working again. Hope it can help somebody.

Just another bug and lack of real user support, unfortunately nothing new with Hifiman.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #480 of 585
A some days ago blue light of my HM1000 went out and bluetooth not works more. Input switch didn't help, and it turned to USB-only dac. Hifiman declined to repair or change it even for money!

Fortunately I ressurected HM1000 with completly discharging and starting charging again. After charging was started a blue light is flashing again and bluetooth working again. Hope it can help somebody.

Just another bug and lack of real user support, unfortunately nothing new with Hifiman.
Oh that has happened to me as well and I've been looking for a way to get it to work. I thought I blew out the BT by charging it at too high a voltage. Will give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back