Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Nov 2, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #332 of 585
Nov 2, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #333 of 585
The red one's noise is very loud, have no idea if the new one with Himalaya chip will improve this.
Oh, I see, it`s not the new Himalaya one. Sorry, we posted the same time!

Well, basically the HM1000 seems to have similar problems as the R2R2000, especially if you use it as a streaming device (it is marketed as such!):
With the R2R2000 there is also noise close to some electrical devices and relatively strong hiss.
The app was just as horrible and got eventually removed silently for iOS (instead of getting developed further as Hifiman has announced it, calling it the future of DAPs!).
Same with its HWA support for iOS, otherwise it supports only SBC!
BT connection sometimes suddenly cuts off or won`t connect with a device at all, the volume is not controllable via the connected device, it suddenly shows "End BT connection?" on the display without pressing any button.
The battery life is much shorter than (still!) advertised on the homepage....to name just a few things.
Honestly, I cannot understand Hifiman`s way of addressing such and similar issues...by always just making a relatively new product an end of life product and quickly bringing out a new device…again and again!
Hey, in the end it used to be a 1000 Dollar product, right?
I can confirm Queen6`s statement, that such user experiences will lead to staying away from Hifiman products in future ….it is such a pity.

IF..it just didn`t sound so charming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: the only reason why I still keep my R2R2000...

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #335 of 585
Looks like it's using Hifiman's new in-house R2R dac solution, rather than relying on Burr-Brown PCM1702 & PCM1704K chips.

It'd be great to hear your off-memory feedback once hm901r arrives.

I'm glad my hm1000 red was replaced. I think it sounds great and its versatility is useful. It reproduces sound with unmistakable richness and fullnes, while acting in highly resolving manner and presenting tons of details. Hm1000 can make other sources sound congested in comparison.
From the box we know where the flagship is. So the sound quality, I still prefer hm1000 red & my LP W2 than hm901r LOL

Attachments

• IMG-20211104-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20211104-WA0003.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
Nov 12, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #336 of 585
First two weeks with HM-1000 Gold and must say quite pleased with it so far. The fact that it has no UI is indeed a relief given the complete inability of HM to produce anything remotely decent on that level. Sound is excellent as expected, probably the most musical to my ears. Battery is sufficient in my opinion and the fact that there is now a mode to prevent charging from USB C is a big plus. This was lacking on the R2R2000 and prevented it to be used as DAC on a number of devices including LGPT which is possible now. Here is a pic of my current office setup :

YPhmcwC_d.webp

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #337 of 585
First two weeks with HM-1000 Gold and must say quite pleased with it so far. The fact that it has no UI is indeed a relief given the complete inability of HM to produce anything remotely decent on that level. Sound is excellent as expected, probably the most musical to my ears. Battery is sufficient in my opinion and the fact that there is now a mode to prevent charging from USB C is a big plus. This was lacking on the R2R2000 and prevented it to be used as DAC on a number of devices including LGPT which is possible now. Here is a pic of my current office setup :

YPhmcwC_d.webp
Hi Sir, have you tried hm1000 with iPhone app ?

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #338 of 585
Hi Sir, have you tried hm1000 with iPhone app ?
Hi, I used the android app which works fine except for the fact you do not get the album covers. That said you can also simply use spotify if you dont mind streaming in LDAC.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #339 of 585
Hi, I used the android app which works fine except for the fact you do not get the album covers. That said you can also simply use spotify if you dont mind streaming in LDAC.
I see, tnx I’m looking for the person with iPhone because aware that it won’t work normally due to bluetooth limitation in iOS...

Nov 14, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #340 of 585
I see, tnx I’m looking for the person with iPhone because aware that it won’t work normally due to bluetooth limitation in iOS...
The HM1K works with the Hifiman-Remote app running off an iPhone or iPad. You can connected via BT or OTG, though the latter sucks batteries big time no matter what so use the Apple camera adapter and you can keep it charged while listening.

Nov 14, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #341 of 585
The HM1K works with the Hifiman-Remote app running off an iPhone or iPad. You can connected via BT or OTG, though the latter sucks batteries big time no matter what so use the Apple camera adapter and you can keep it charged while listening.
Does it work stable via BT with the iOS app? because, for instance, HibyLink on iOS works like s..t due to BT limitations, and every time when you lock iPhone and then try to open the app again it starts the indexation again and again... The same behavior if you switch between apps and latency also very high while you using the app. Have you experienced the same problems with HF-remote app?

Nov 14, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #342 of 585
Does it work stable via BT with the iOS app? because, for instance, HibyLink on iOS works like s..t due to BT limitations, and every time when you lock iPhone and then try to open the app again it starts the indexation again and again... The same behavior if you switch between apps and latency also very high while you using the app. Have you experienced the same problems with HF-remote app?
The BT connection is very stable; never experienced any issues streaming Apple Music through iPhone/iPod. Playing back off an SD card, which took a bit of time indexing, was also problem-free.

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #345 of 585
can the hifiman app (apk from internet) still control the hm1000 through bluetooth to play local sd card files? (meaning music is on hm1k, and the bluetooth is only for remote control)
Yes that's the purpose of the app indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back