Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #166 of 585
you try my way. u need to install remote apk. then choose wireless on hifiman remote with bt on and pair it. it will auto scan ur sd card in hm1000.
But I don't have Android. I have an iPhone.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #169 of 585
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #172 of 585
I can find the hm1000 red to buy but where would I be able to purchase the gold one?

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #173 of 585
Oh man, this thing is a damn headache. I've managed to load music onto it, but now my songs are sorted alphabetically by title in the app within each album, instead of by track number. Any idea how to fix this?

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #174 of 585
Oh man, this thing is a damn headache. I've managed to load music onto it, but now my songs are sorted alphabetically by title in the app within each album, instead of by track number. Any idea how to fix this?
Put the track number first in the track title.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #175 of 585
Put the track number first in the track title.
Woof, time to find a file renaming tool for Windows, otherwise this is going to be incredibly tedious.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #176 of 585
I'm beyond pissed. As far as I can tell, my unit now only works as a USB DAC. As I was trying (yet again) to get music onto the micro SD card on the unit, the blue light that indicates bluetooth connectivity is gone. Just disappeared. The green light for USB DAC mode is still present, but when I press the button to switch to bluetooth mode, there's no light on the top of the unit. Even though it sounds fantastic, I would seriously discourage anyone from purchasing one at this point. I've contacted Hifiman for a replacement, and the only reason I'm not giving up and demanding a refund is because the HM1000 has SO MUCH potential. Maybe mine is just defective and a new one will work properly.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #177 of 585
I'm beyond pissed. As far as I can tell, my unit now only works as a USB DAC. As I was trying (yet again) to get music onto the micro SD card on the unit, the blue light that indicates bluetooth connectivity is gone. Just disappeared. The green light for USB DAC mode is still present, but when I press the button to switch to bluetooth mode, there's no light on the top of the unit. Even though it sounds fantastic, I would seriously discourage anyone from purchasing one at this point. I've contacted Hifiman for a replacement, and the only reason I'm not giving up and demanding a refund is because the HM1000 has SO MUCH potential. Maybe mine is just defective and a new one will work properly.
So you didn't manage to copy anything to the micro SD card in HM1000 yet?

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #178 of 585
So you didn't manage to copy anything to the micro SD card in HM1000 yet?
I did. The problem then was getting my phone to actually see the files. I’d try updating the library via Bluetooth and all the artists I’d uploaded would appear, but there wouldn’t be any files associated with them.

So I figured that the issue might be resolved if I updated the HM1000 from USB out of my iPhone instead of over Bluetooth, since maybe I had too many files to do this wirelessly. I bought the lightning to USB adapter which Hifiman even indicates works in their manual. Of course, that didn’t work either, because you can only connect to the app over Bluetooth, and the minute you put the HM1000 in USB DAC mode, it deactivated the wireless connection and disconnects within the app. They really did such a terrible job with the HM1000, even though I think it sounds phenomenal.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #179 of 585
I did. The problem then was getting my phone to actually see the files. I’d try updating the library via Bluetooth and all the artists I’d uploaded would appear, but there wouldn’t be any files associated with them.

So I figured that the issue might be resolved if I updated the HM1000 from USB out of my iPhone instead of over Bluetooth, since maybe I had too many files to do this wirelessly. I bought the lightning to USB adapter which Hifiman even indicates works in their manual. Of course, that didn’t work either, because you can only connect to the app over Bluetooth, and the minute you put the HM1000 in USB DAC mode, it deactivated the wireless connection and disconnects within the app. They really did such a terrible job with the HM1000, even though I think it sounds phenomenal.
I highly recommend updating music using OTG cable, not BT. It is so much faster. Bluetooth takes so long.

Have to tested the BT latency ? This is a good way to figure out if you have BT connectivity issue.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #180 of 585

You're not supposed to put the HM1000 in USB dac mode when you scan the micro SD media with the USB cable method. Keep the Bluetooth led flashing and plug in the USB cable when the app prompts you to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back