HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #391 of 3,445
What is his attitude to those countries?

Should clarify and say to the competing products/brands of those country... .. he is... em... let's just say he don't think highly of them

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #392 of 3,445
Quote:
Wonder if anyone has anything to say about this Minibox Amp card for 901?
T2fqZhXdFXXXXXXXXX_%21%211014267508.jpg

Looks similar to the Balanced 4 channel OPA627 based card in the HM-901 except, this Minibox Amp Card has 3 channels. 
No thanks. I prefer the balanced card vs. single ended only.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #393 of 3,445
Quote:
Looks similar to the Balanced 4 channel OPA627 based card in the HM-901 except, this Minibox Amp Card has 3 channels. 
No thanks. I prefer the balanced card vs. single ended only.

I think it is the combination of the opa627 and buf634 that some enjoy. With 2 buffers per channel, you get plenty of power and a nicely detailed sound. I use it and enjoy the sound. Or you can go with the balanced card and obviously, have the same chips but in SE and balanced. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #394 of 3,445
Quote:
I think it is the combination of the opa627 and buf634 that some enjoy. With 2 buffers per channel, you get plenty of power and a nicely detailed sound. I use it and enjoy the sound. Or you can go with the balanced card and obviously, have the same chips but in SE and balanced. 

Ah, right, missed the fact that the top chip is a buf634, so 4x buf634 and 2x OPA627.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #395 of 3,445
Ah, right, missed the fact that the top chip is a buf634, so 4x buf634 and 2x OPA627.

Just received mine. Can't wait to try it!Packaging is really shabby tho from Hifiman direct.. wasn't even secured in it box and is cling clanging against the plastic box!

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #397 of 3,445
Hifiman did not use the ESD bag to keep the board safe? :frowning2:

no :frowning2: in fact I'm planning to check with their CS if this is normal. haven't swap it on yet, keeping my finger crossed it works! at least there isn't any obvious physical damage despite it wasn't even properly secured inside the foam enclosure inside the transparent plastic box. the 901 unit itself was packed in an unsealed ESD bag though.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #398 of 3,445
Quote:
no
frown.gif
in fact I'm planning to check with their CS if this is normal. haven't swap it on yet, keeping my finger crossed it works! at least there isn't any obvious physical damage despite it wasn't even properly secured inside the foam enclosure inside the transparent plastic box. the 901 unit itself was packed in an unsealed ESD bag though.

Quite surprised that Hifiman lack of ESD awareness. Hope your board is OK. :)

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #399 of 3,445
Quote:
no
frown.gif
in fact I'm planning to check with their CS if this is normal. haven't swap it on yet, keeping my finger crossed it works! at least there isn't any obvious physical damage despite it wasn't even properly secured inside the foam enclosure inside the transparent plastic box. the 901 unit itself was packed in an unsealed ESD bag though.

I ordered and received the minibox card. Its in the same shabby packing as yours.

I gathered from erji.net that the minibox card has a different sound (more air etc) and has less power than the balanced card. As I am using mainly iems like JH16 and now RE600, I figured I dont need much power and can therefore give it a try to see if I like the sound...

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #400 of 3,445
I am proud of HIFIMAN! Hifiman in China is very popular,we call these p[size=12.727272033691406px]ortable players: "national [/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]bricks ,because they are so big and heavy![/size]

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #401 of 3,445
Quote:
I ordered and received the minibox card. Its in the same shabby packing as yours.

I gathered from erji.net that the minibox card has a different sound (more air etc) and has less power than the balanced card. As I am using mainly iems like JH16 and now RE600, I figured I dont need much power and can therefore give it a try to see if I like the sound...

I actually thought about getting the minibox instead of the balanced card when I ordered.  Hope you like it and if ever there's a local meet we can swap and try!  

That packaging is really What!?!?!?! 
size]
  Usually things aren't looking bring when the parcel I receive make noise before opening it..... and the noise is from the amp board banging that transparent plastic box.  Just switched out the standard card with the balanced card and really relieved it works.  
size]

Initial impression is that the balanced card give better layering, more depth, improved clarity, and deeper more controlled bass.  But not sure if cable plays a part as I'm using my W4R with the stock SE cable with standard, and a similar braided balanced cable for the balance amp.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #402 of 3,445
Yeah right....
For the photo everybody looks serious, QC, and other things lol.
In reality the HM901 build quality is very bad compared to the price they ask for it, and they don't even include the docking station..
Why they cannot build as iRiver does? Awesome build quality since their first mp3 player?

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #403 of 3,445
Quote:
Yeah right....
In reality the HM901 build quality is very bad compared to the price they ask for it, and they don't even include the docking station..
Why they cannot build as iRiver does? Awesome build quality since their first mp3 player?

I was wary of the build quality for the longest of time since 901 started shipping.  The packaging I received certainly don't inspire confidence.  But the actual unit I got changed my view drastically. To Hifiman's credit, it is much more solid than I expected and definitely worthy of the price.  It will definitely withstand more of my abuse than the AK120 which the leather case is already scratched to the point I wrote an email to Dignis asking them when will they come out with the AK120 cases.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #404 of 3,445
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah right....

I was wary of the build quality for the longest of time since 901 started shipping.  The packaging I received certainly don't inspire confidence.  But the actual unit I got changed my view drastically. To Hifiman's credit, it is much more solid than I expected and definitely worthy of the price.  It will definitely withstand more of my abuse than the AK120 which the leather case is already scratched to the point I wrote an email to Dignis asking them when will they come out with the AK120 cases.

Somebody mentioned somewhere that the AK120's leather case is meant to get scratched, as that is  part of the process of the leather getting matured..If pricess will be the same I will take iRiver.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #405 of 3,445
Somebody mentioned somewhere that the AK120's leather case is meant to get scratched, as that is part of the process of the leather getting matured..If pricess will be the same I will take iRiver.

Lol I'm willing to pay anyone 50 quid to exchange my "matured" AK120 case with his/her brand new one! postage both way to Hong Kong on me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back