HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Mar 28, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,416 of 3,445
So just got the player...Haven't had a chance to listen to it, I am at work, but I noticed the player isn't reading emnedded album art...Is this something that will be added in the future?

Thanks,

Y2J

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #2,417 of 3,445
So just got the player...Haven't had a chance to listen to it, I am at work, but I noticed the player isn't reading emnedded album art...Is this something that will be added in the future?

Thanks,

Y2J
It actually displays álbum art but from a picture file from the folder. Just wait til you'll listen to it and that will become second... :)

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #2,418 of 3,445
a big thank you to Zhang at Head Direct/HiFiMan

We often moan about poor service here, so it's correct to praise when appropiate.

I have received wonderful help and service from Fang, Summer and especially Zhang at Head-Direct - a big thank you 
and I can't wait to get my 901

Yes, Zhang Lu is a gem! Always oh so helpful! :)

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #2,419 of 3,445
Fang and his crew always seem very responsive. I believe their aspiration is that people truly enjoy the music and they are seeking the best way they can do this by constantly evolving with equipment and to follow up with customer needs. 

+1

Which is why I cling onto my HMs. Service excellence like that must be rewarded and recognized

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #2,421 of 3,445
This morning i was awake early and didnt want to get on of bed...so i plugged my newly purchased th900 into the hm901 (minibox)
Voila...music sounded pretty good...quality bass coming out of the phones...so i listened for an hour in bed....

I guess its why i cling on to hm901 bcos i am really lazy 99% of the time LoL

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #2,423 of 3,445

Thanks,

Y2J

So far I have only seen it read embedded album art from mp3 files, but I only use FLAC (apart from a handful mp3's). I have album art for all my music on the HM-901 - but only when folder browsing.

What I do is make sure there is a jpg file of the album art in each folder AND that this file is embedded in the FOLDER ICON. This is done on your computer. If the jpg-file name includes an apostrophe - like in can't, O'Connor etc. - the player doesn't show the picture. Removing the apostrophe (write cant or can-t respectively OConnor or O-Connor) will make the album art show. If the jpg-file is a black&white (grayscale profile) it will show, but will be distorted.

Hopefully embedded album art in FLAC and other lossless files will be supported in the near future (fingers crossed).

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #2,425 of 3,445
Seems to me, the new FW sounds a little warm and some detail is lost. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #2,427 of 3,445
Guys,

I'm not sure which thread to post in, so forgive me for posting in both. I just received my HM-901 & IEM card from Moon Audio yesterday. I updated to the latest 1.085 firmware right away, it came with 1.084. A couple of things I have noticed.  First off, the unit doesn't seem to behave reliably when going into sleep mode. I sometimes cannot wake the device at all, and I am not entirely sure the proper way to wake the device. Secondly, my unit doesn't seem to take a full charge. There is a red light that turns on on the AC adapter when charging, then goes green when full. When I turn the unit back on, the battery bar is only about 90% full. Lastly, the standard amp card I recieved looks different than any I have seen pics of before. I posted a couple of pics below. Did I got old stock or something? Is that way I have the wakeup problems and such? 

Y2J

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #2,428 of 3,445
Go back to 1.084 I would guess. I didn't have any problems with it and the sound was fine. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #2,429 of 3,445
This c
Guys,

I'm not sure which thread to post in, so forgive me for posting in both. I just received my HM-901 & IEM card from Moon Audio yesterday. I updated to the latest 1.085 firmware right away, it came with 1.084. A couple of things I have noticed.  First off, the unit doesn't seem to behave reliably when going into sleep mode. I sometimes cannot wake the device at all, and I am not entirely sure the proper way to wake the device. Secondly, my unit doesn't seem to take a full charge. There is a red light that turns on on the AC adapter when charging, then goes green when full. When I turn the unit back on, the battery bar is only about 90% full. Lastly, the standard amp card I recieved looks different than any I have seen pics of before. I posted a couple of pics below. Did I got old stock or something? Is that way I have the wakeup problems and such? 

Y2J
the card is known as the standard classic card and yours is the lastest version based on the marking on the card which is same as I bought this classic card from hifiman directly.

You should also try take out your battery and insert back and try charging after turned green for a couple of hour. Or u can try to discharge the battery and re charge to full again. I usually charge it a couple of hour initially after turning green during mid night. Pls also ensure the player is fully switched off before one let it fir charging and that is important.

Rgds,

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #2,430 of 3,445

Users who are viewing this thread

Back