HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Mar 21, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #2,401 of 3,445
Thought the classic card was only out early this year of end of last year? 
mine is the later batch of Feb 2014 with IEM and I bought the Classic and it didn't can't secure in place. Despite the IEM was "just" managed to secured by one side only. Anyway the new battery slightly thicker and should keep the card in place too. But mine worry is that the emitted heat from battery will not affect the card board. Perhaps the material of the lastest battery look better in quality and something like 801 battery material and wouldn't affect much but who know!!!

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #2,402 of 3,445
First time seeing picture of the prototype of the rumored dock (from erji.net):

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #2,403 of 3,445
  First time seeing picture of the prototype of the rumored dock (from erji.net):

Looks intriguing. Thanks, kkcc!

I don't suppose anyone on Erji said anything about ETA?

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #2,404 of 3,445
that dock thing looks like a bedside alarm clock with the clock....LoL

I will give it a try after the initial firmware issues are ironed out.....

I really dont know how much improvement I gain from the dock as I use this at the moment:

Mar 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #2,405 of 3,445
Looks intriguing. Thanks, kkcc!

I don't suppose anyone on Erji said anything about ETA?

Lol "intriguing" is a kind word. Hifiman seriously need to hire some more experienced industrial designers...

No eta or any other info from that post.

that dock thing looks like a bedside alarm clock with the clock....LoL

I will give it a try after the initial firmware issues are ironed out.....

I really dont know how much improvement I gain from the dock as I use this at the moment

Same queries here, wonder if the docking station offer any real advantage.....

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,406 of 3,445
kkcc, well, it's in line with the retro look that has graced the HM 901 and 802... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #2,407 of 3,445
Same queries here, wonder if the docking station offer any real advantage.....

Fang mentioned something about a "buffer" feature that we can turn on/off for connecting to amp, for mid-tier amp it will need the buffer..

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,408 of 3,445
Fang mentioned something about a "buffer" feature that we can turn on/off for connecting to amp, for mid-tier amp it will need the buffer..

I recall that Dr Fang used to be appear every now and then on the threads. I guess this might be a good time for him to offer some insight. 
atsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2,409 of 3,445
I recall that Dr Fang used to be appear every now and then on the threads. I guess this might be a good time for him to offer some insight. 
atsmile.gif

I imagine between headphones, amps, and daps, he is staying pretty busy. He has two different areas (two different cities) that assemble the various items so bouncing back and forth is a job in its self. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,410 of 3,445
Anyone have the HM-901 + IEM Card paired staright from the headphone output to the Shure SE846? I am looking at going this route, as I had issues with both the Fiio X3 (UI problems, won't detect tags from ALAC files, and random freezing) and the iBasso DX50 (random volume spikes and lock-ups). I just wanted to see if anyone else is using this combo. I don't want to use an external amp.

Thanks,

Y2J

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,412 of 3,445
  Anyone have the HM-901 + IEM Card paired staright from the headphone output to the Shure SE846? I am looking at going this route, as I had issues with both the Fiio X3 (UI problems, won't detect tags from ALAC files, and random freezing) and the iBasso DX50 (random volume spikes and lock-ups). I just wanted to see if anyone else is using this combo. I don't want to use an external amp.

Thanks,

Y2J

I have this combo - IEM card works well with the SE846's.  No hissing, more than enough power.  Certainly no need for an external amp with this pairing.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #2,413 of 3,445
a big thank you to Zhang at Head Direct/HiFiMan

We often moan about poor service here, so it's correct to praise when appropiate.

I have received wonderful help and service from Fang, Summer and especially Zhang at Head-Direct - a big thank you 
and I can't wait to get my 901

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #2,414 of 3,445
  a big thank you to Zhang at Head Direct/HiFiMan

We often moan about poor service here, so it's correct to praise when appropiate.

I have received wonderful help and service from Fang, Summer and especially Zhang at Head-Direct - a big thank you 
and I can't wait to get my 901

I have to agree with you on the support - Summer, especially, was very helpful with any issues I had with my 901.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,415 of 3,445
Fang and his crew always seem very responsive. I believe their aspiration is that people truly enjoy the music and they are seeking the best way they can do this by constantly evolving with equipment and to follow up with customer needs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back