HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Dec 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #1,621 of 3,445
Why don't you ask Head-Direct customer service? Most likely people here will know less than the manufacturing company and it's shop...

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #1,622 of 3,445
Probably because I received a silent treatment via the Chinese forum already?

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,623 of 3,445
I was thinking contacting directly via email, not via a forum. I also asked a question four months ago in Head-Direct's own thread here on Head-Fi, and still haven't gotten an answer. Maybe they have chosen to withdraw from forums?

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,624 of 3,445
Right now, the expected dock release date is in Q1 2014. I pre-ordered mine some time ago and I can't wait to hook this baby up with wifi streaming 
L3000.gif

I'm also thinking it will come with a remote...well, i hope it does 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #1,625 of 3,445
Very disappointing experience today with my replacement HM-901. All of a sudden I find that I didn't have my right channel. It wasn't due to the volume wheel as before. This time playing with the Balanced/Normal switch brought it back. Interestingly enough, the issue only occurs when I start the unit without having headphones plugged in. If I start it up with headphones plugged in there's no channel issue. Still, not a good thing. I suppose this one will be going back as well.

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,626 of 3,445
I know that it is not easy to hear much about the minibox amp card. However, I managed to get my grubby hands on one just today.

Two things:

Firstly, the myth that it will blow IEMs out of the water is not quite borne out: I've run the Fitear F111 with Black Dragon on it. The Fitear F111 has suddenly really found its voice. It suddenly has hit the range, timbre and details I was starting to despair over. The mini box card really flattered the F111. It could be that the F111, like the ER4S, needs that extra oomph for it to showcase its true capabilities.

Secondly, I ran the minibox with the AKG 702, which is notoriously difficult to drive. On the HM-901 with minibox card, the AKG 702 found its voice beautifully: wonderful details, textures, depth of soundstage as well as breadth, and bass. In fact, the AKG 702 sounded, dare I say it, musical. It was being driven effortlessly by the HM-901. 

I just wanted to put down my initial impressions of the minibox card. :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #1,627 of 3,445
The dock will be out in Feb. or March. 

The minibox has plenty of power with two 634 buffers per channel. Should be a low output resistance and plenty of swing. I enjoy using it. 

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #1,628 of 3,445
Btw, for those of you who have been waiting for the HM-802, you will be glad to know that it has just been released in China on 8 December. Which means it is on it's way to the rest of the world in due course.

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,631 of 3,445
How do you guys feel the Minibox, balanced and iem cards compare with iems? I am using balanced card and it sounds great, but if there is better...

The IEM card sounds extremely sweet and refined when I pair it with my Miracle & LSX5

Kiats, glad to know you are enjoying the Minibox card. Cheers.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,633 of 3,445
The IEM card sounds extremely sweet and refined when I pair it with my Miracle & LSX5

Kiats, glad to know you are enjoying the Minibox card. Cheers.

+1 on iem card

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,634 of 3,445
How do you guys feel the Minibox, balanced and iem cards compare with iems? I am using balanced card and it sounds great, but if there is better...

Mike, as someone who is blessed enough to have all the amp cards, for IEMs, my personal preference is for the IEM amp card which gives me the most refined and detailed sound on my IEMs. Hope that helps.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,635 of 3,445
Mike, as someone who is blessed enough to have all the amp cards, for IEMs, my personal preference is for the IEM amp card which gives me the most refined and detailed sound on my IEMs. Hope that helps.

And for IEMs, how does the IEM card compare to Minibox and balanced? Because the lattter are more powerful, so do they not have more authority in the bass, or better dynamic. I really did not like how I felt the AK120 lacked power to properly drive even iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back