HiFiMan HM-101 mounting options
Dec 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Xinerama

New Head-Fier
Hello all. This is my first post and this is actually my first ever piece of audio equipment outside headphones.

My question is. 
I just purchased the HM-101 and I'm wondering how I can mount it or clip it to my laptop display. I'm going to be using it to amplify my external speakers and I don't want to be fumbling around with too much dangling equipment since I have to carry my laptop with me in the office from time to time.

I have the Samson Go-Mic and the clip that comes with it is awesome. I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas or suggestions about something similar.
Thanks.

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 13
@shiftyfella
I'd like something that doesn't leave a residue or isn't visibly noticeable. Is there such thing as black velcro??

@kiteki
The other thing is that I'll be putting it in my backpack when traveling, which is very often, so tape won't work.
BTW I read a little of your HM-101 review and it looked REALLY awesome. 
Can you think of anything else I could use? I'm sure I'll have to go DIY on this.

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
I'd like something that doesn't leave a residue or isn't visibly noticeable. Is there such thing as black velcro??

stick it indefinitely and forget about it or twist the wire to make some kind of a removable basket(kinda old school mounting option for peripherals), well you can always make some pouch for it.

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 13
@shiftyfella
"twist the wire to make some kind of a removable basket" I don't understand. You're referring to the USB cable right?
You mean to dangle it over the back of my display?

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
@shiftyfella
"twist the wire to make some kind of a removable basket" I don't understand. You're referring to the USB cable right?
You mean to dangle it over the back of my display?

nope, i mean use some thick aluminum wire to make mounting mini-basket to hold the card, back in the '00s were swivel mounts that used to hold webcameras or other stuff on back of the lid. as alternative you can retrofit cellphone mount or use sticky pads(they're even better that tape cause don't leave residue)

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 13
@shiftyfella. So late at night here. I really like the idea of retrofitting a cell phone mount and using non-residue sticky pads. Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind, and let you guys know, with photos, of my decision. (Unless it's velco.)

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 13
I use something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-USB-Male-Type-Mini-USB-Male-5-Pin-Adapter-Connector-Notebook-Plug-96-/290620357349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43aa52bae5#ht_2693wt_1216

The HM-101 is small enough that it doesn't strain the usb port at all.  

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #13 of 13
I realize this thread is old but i own a hm-101 and wondering for all of  those who heard it, is there any portable dac for sale today that has a bright sound like this hm-101? I'm looking for a new portable dac with brightness sq treble transparency. any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back