HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
Dec 28, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #151 of 163
I have the loaner headphone. Headphone is comfortable and feels good to wear for a long listening session. I do wish the pads were made with real leather. The construction is of very high quality and the unboxing experience was fantastic. In terms of sound, I would initially describe it as fairly neutral with slightly tilted upper mid/lower treble, with recessed mid and lower mid. I do find the headphone sounds more fatiguing than my other cans over a longer listening period.

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #152 of 163
I have the loaner headphone. Headphone is comfortable and feels good to wear for a long listening session. I do wish the pads were made with real leather. The construction is of very high quality and the unboxing experience was fantastic. In terms of sound, I would initially describe it as fairly neutral with slightly tilted upper mid/lower treble, with recessed mid and lower mid. I do find the headphone sounds more fatiguing than my other cans over a longer listening period.

To which other cans are you comparing them?

Dec 28, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #153 of 163
To which other cans are you comparing them?
Couple of LCD3s from different eras, LCD2s from different eras, HD650. Still have my notes on AKG501/701/k1000, HD800 and HE1.

Edit: I have also owned or heard most of the Grado lines including PS1 and HP1000, Beyerdynamic, LCD4. I have no experience with most of the newer stuff from the last 5-10 yrs :) I tried HFM when they first got started and passed on them in favor of LCD2 - that was over 10yrs ago.

I am on day 2 and decided to hook up to the main rig, take off the grill and add a bit of EQ to tame the slight upper mid hardness and reduce listening fatigue. Sounding great so far - a good middle ground between LCD3 and HD800. The EQ is built into the FPGA on Linn Klimax DS so no quality loss whatsoever.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #154 of 163
I made an in-depth review about he6se! I'm curious how my take compares to those who had it in the tour, and if anyone shares my views! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/03/hifiman-he6se-review-star-is-here.html

HIFIMAN-HE6SE-Headphones-Planar-Magnetic-Hard-To-Dirve-Low-Efficiency-Flagship-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-32.jpg

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #155 of 163
I requested to be on the tour last April. Am I to assume that the unit will not be coming my way since many have signed up after and received the HE6SE?

Thank you in advance.

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #156 of 163
Dear Head-fiers,

We sincerely thank you all for your support and time taking part in our loaner tour, we have had some really great reviews from some of you however…… it is with a heavy heart that with certain global events that we are prematurely bringing it to an end. While we do not believe there is much of any risk at all in swapping headphones between listeners unless they are coughing on them and someone immediately licks them (eww) its better to be safe than sorry. Thus, for the time being at least we are closing the loaner tour programme. Reviewers with a unit currently can have them for their two weeks and we would still love to see your last reviews. We will then be in touch to get them returned to us. For those who haven’t yet been fortunate enough to be selected we are sorry but hope you understand. We would hope that once the world returns to normal and delivery services are all fully functional again that we can have new loaner tour programme, so please do keep an eye out for a future announcement.

Thanks to all who took part and best wishes to all, especially to any one out there in the health care industry, we all appreciate the hard work you do.

Best regards,
HIFIMAN Team

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 20, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #157 of 163
I requested to be on the tour last April. Am I to assume that the unit will not be coming my way since many have signed up after and received the HE6SE?

Thank you in advance.
Dear ngoshawk,

We are pity for didn't get you involved in time, but because of the COVID-19 we decided to close to loaner tour with a heavy heart.
We hope we can have new loaner tour in future and welcome to join us. :wink:

Best wish!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 22, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #158 of 163
I have signed up to take part of only two loaner tours in my life. Both have been organised by Hifiman and both has been open to people from Europe. Now this is the second time you have left me out, someone that owns two top Hifiman headphones and have been a loyal costumer ever since I brought my first HE 500 in 2012. Thanks!

Jul 5, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #159 of 163
Hey guys, I know this thread is older but I need some help with amp pairing for my HE6SE. I'm looking at either a Emotiva UPA 200 or the XPA DR2. One is 3 times as much, and I'm fine with that if it would be a better choice.

I'm experienced with headphone and headphone amps but this stereo amp world is new to me. And I want best results for these cans.

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #160 of 163
Hey guys, I know this thread is older but I need some help with amp pairing for my HE6SE. I'm looking at either a Emotiva UPA 200 or the XPA DR2. One is 3 times as much, and I'm fine with that if it would be a better choice.

I'm experienced with headphone and headphone amps but this stereo amp world is new to me. And I want best results for these cans.

I'm a proponent and use nothing but vintage speaker amps for all my headphones including easy to drive Denon LA7000's and driving the HE-6SE (and the HE-6 before this) is amazing. Visceral bass and sounds so sweet - and by the way I go straight from the speaker taps of my Pioneer Spec 1 preamp/Spec 2 amp (250 wpc). Also have 7 other vintage amps I've used with these gems and wouldn't use anything else.

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #161 of 163
I don't know what to say, I just tried my HE6SE with a vintage Yamaha CA-1000 through the headphone out (don't have speaker taps / he-adapter on hand) and it blows away the sound I was getting out of my Monoprice THX 887. I think I need to sell that and look into getting this Yamaha restored to proper condition.

Jul 13, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #162 of 163
I don't know what to say, I just tried my HE6SE with a vintage Yamaha CA-1000 through the headphone out (don't have speaker taps / he-adapter on hand) and it blows away the sound I was getting out of my Monoprice THX 887. I think I need to sell that and look into getting this Yamaha restored to proper condition.
I ended up with a new Topping A90 and an Emotiva BasX A-100 with an XLR speaker tap adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back