HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
May 6, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #1,006 of 2,701
My v2s probably get the least amount of time out of everything in my stable, and when it's been a while I start thinking "I haven't listened to these in a while... probably time to sell them." Then I put them on for a memorial listen and am immediately reminded that they sound fantastic, filling the 'crystal clear, clean, and slamming open back' role in my stable and that the only reason I don't wear them more is because of this dumb headband. Had them for about 18 months now and still struggle to think of what really competes with them at their 'sale' price, assuming they're being properly powered of course.

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #1,007 of 2,701
Since these are my newest purchase, they've been getting a ton of use. I continue to be surprised at the detail I get out of these headphones. Really easy to pick out each instrument and they seem to take cymbals and drums to the next level. My only gripe is that they are not exactly the most comfortable headphones I own, but for me are tolerable even for a couple of hours at a time.

May 6, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,008 of 2,701
Since these are my newest purchase, they've been getting a ton of use. I continue to be surprised at the detail I get out of these headphones. Really easy to pick out each instrument and they seem to take cymbals and drums to the next level. My only gripe is that they are not exactly the most comfortable headphones I own, but for me are tolerable even for a couple of hours at a time.
:deadhorse:
Dekoni Nuggets...

May 6, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #1,011 of 2,701
I totally understand that it's function over form, but they look so goofy that I can't bring myself to put any on. One of these days I'll get a headband wrap pad and that will probably do it but man, I can't do the nuggets.
I don't care about the ugly as they don't leave home. To me, they are must haves for my HE6se V2's and Cascades. Two very nasty headbands.

May 10, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #1,012 of 2,701

Recommended by someone in Z1R forum: Stick Figure. The slam is very enjoyable on my HE6SE or Z1R. It is not fair to compare an IEM with a full-size HP, but HE6SE's bass is much more powerful (though I have to admit that HE6SE is with EQ and Z1R not)

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #1,013 of 2,701
I don't care about the ugly as they don't leave home. To me, they are must haves for my HE6se V2's and Cascades. Two very nasty headbands.
V1 has the better headband. V2 otherwise minus the stuck issue better.

May 10, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #1,014 of 2,701
Speaking of stuck driver, I had just received a pair I bought open box from adorama and both drivers look to be stuck to the rear magnets.

Example pic:
05F533BA-4A2A-487A-ABA9-A201775D5206.jpeg

May 10, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #1,015 of 2,701
Speaking of stuck driver, I had just received a pair I bought open box from adorama and both drivers look to be stuck to the rear magnets.

Example pic:
Why are you guys buying open box (which might be someone's return with stuck drivers) if you can get brand new at the same price.

On headband, V1 headband has non swivelable cup mounts, so neither version is ideal.

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,016 of 2,701

Example pic:
05F533BA-4A2A-487A-ABA9-A201775D5206.jpeg

Time to perform the reverse CPR? :)

May 11, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #1,018 of 2,701
well hopefully they are still under warranty and just get them replaced or just return them
Just return them. When all's said and done you'll be glad you did. This happened to me with 2 different pairs earlier this year. PITA, but well worth it. Extends the warranty too...

May 11, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #1,020 of 2,701
Looking at the specs, a few things stand out. In terms of THD, it can only maintain low distortion at 10WPC@8ohms, which isn't a lot of power. At its most powerful, it's still only pushing 63WPC@8ohms, which will make it more powerful than most headphone amps, but pretty middle-of-the-road for speaker amps. But the big problem is that at that higher power, the THD is nearly 10%, which is absolute heaps of distortion.

I don't like Topping to begin with, but I'd especially stay away from this is you're wanting to power a headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back