HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Sep 16, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #31 of 2,647
O
I actully have both Elex and HE6SEV2 as well, I personally feel HE6 has a more impactful and deeper bass, overall a more impactful and more intense sound with a little more "in your face detail" too. Elex is smoother and a bit more relaxed (but not overly relaxed).
I really want to A-B them. And the M1570's too. Fun days ahead.

After 8 hours today I am SO impressed with these!

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 2,647
For anyone wondering I just placed my order & the $599.00 link went right through no problems!
Now I just have to decide on an end game Pre/Head amp/DAC between the Burson Conductor 3 Reference with the UHF Supercharger power supply,Violectric V380 or the Audio GD R28(2021)..Tried posting for opinions but no one wants to chime in..

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #33 of 2,647
Do I understand correctly these come WITH the adapter to run them off speaker taps on an amplifier?I will LOVE to hear these driven by my Sugden MusicMaster Class A amp..

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #34 of 2,647
Do I understand correctly these come WITH the adapter to run them off speaker taps on an amplifier?I will LOVE to hear these driven by my Sugden MusicMaster Class A amp..
No, the new V2s do not come with speaker taps.

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #36 of 2,647
For anyone wondering I just placed my order & the $599.00 link went right through no problems!
Now I just have to decide on an end game Pre/Head amp/DAC between the Burson Conductor 3 Reference with the UHF Supercharger power supply,Violectric V380 or the Audio GD R28(2021)..Tried posting for opinions but no one wants to chime in..

I would go with Violectric out of these, and definitely do not get audio gd.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #37 of 2,647
Sep 18, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #38 of 2,647
I have seen some truly horrendous tear down photo of audio-gd and their objective measurements have been terrible.

Almost forgot, it was back in 2004/2005 when it first start to get attention, the owner translated head-fi review to Chinese and posted on his website or Chinese forum. Let's just say he coloured it quite a bit to flatter himself

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #39 of 2,647
Back in the days I would always make my purchasing decisions based on picture and spects posted by Stereophile and Absolute Sound.
7D231EA3-B2C9-4F42-A281-46CFAC71B5A9.gif

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #40 of 2,647
I love mine with my new Jot 2 with the multibit module. Waiting on my Norne Audio cable.

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #41 of 2,647
Audio Science Review which I think has questionable practices gave a very bad review of a Audio GD dac/amp can’t remember which one but Amir said it measured so bad that he would not listen to it. While that’s his right and not arguing but why would you measure something first and then listen? Me I would think you would listen to something and then see if the measurements correspond to what you are hearing but that is me.
OK with that out of the way I truly love my AB-1266 OG and HE-6se V2’s out of my Audio GD Master 9 measurements be damned and coming from another horrible measuring Dac as per ASR a Schiit Yggdrasil .
Look everyone has there opinions fine I truly don’t care as I like what I like and that is mine.
Picked up the HE-6seV2’s open box for $580 and am not disappointed enough said.

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #42 of 2,647
Well I had a long talk with Walter,the owner of Underwood HiFi,the new Audio GD distributor in the USA,someone I have bought from in the past & trust NOT to sell me something I don't need or that won't perform up to expectations..He ASSURED me that:
Build/parts quality of the R28 is exceptional.
That I would need to spend at least $3500.00 for a marginal gain in performance over the R28 &
that the R28 is an ABSOLUTE bargain at the retail price of $1500.00..
Trigger pulled yesterday!

Sep 18, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #43 of 2,647
Well I had a long talk with Walter,the owner of Underwood HiFi,the new Audio GD distributor in the USA,someone I have bought from in the past & trust NOT to sell me something I don't need or that won't perform up to expectations..He ASSURED me that:
Build/parts quality of the R28 is exceptional.
That I would need to spend at least $3500.00 for a marginal gain in performance over the R28 &
that the R28 is an ABSOLUTE bargain at the retail price of $1500.00..
Trigger pulled yesterday!
Yes Audio GD makes stellar equipment built exceptionally well. I always thought my Yggdrasil was a big piece of equipment till I got my Master 9 it is twice the size and weighs 4 times as much just a beast with beautiful sound.

Sep 19, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #44 of 2,647
Audio Science Review which I think has questionable practices gave a very bad review of a Audio GD dac/amp can’t remember which one but Amir said it measured so bad that he would not listen to it. While that’s his right and not arguing but why would you measure something first and then listen? Me I would think you would listen to something and then see if the measurements correspond to what you are hearing but that is me.
OK with that out of the way I truly love my AB-1266 OG and HE-6se V2’s out of my Audio GD Master 9 measurements be damned and coming from another horrible measuring Dac as per ASR a Schiit Yggdrasil .
Look everyone has there opinions fine I truly don’t care as I like what I like and that is mine.
Picked up the HE-6seV2’s open box for $580 and am not disappointed enough said.
curious to hear your thoughts of AB-1266 OG vs He-6se V2? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back