Hifiman HE6-SE
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,421 of 3,903
Liquid Platinum sounds really good with the HE6SE v2. Running from do200. I'd love to get the Ifi Pro Can Signature at some point (which outputs 14 watts at 16 ohm), but at $2200- ooph!

Has anyone tried either the Dekoni hybrid pads for Beyerdynamic DT series or the Dekoni velour for Audeze (I recognize, those are massive, but just curious as I ordered both, but questioning the hassle of swapping out).

Edit: Don't like the hybrid DT pads. Gets bassier, which I do like as a basshead, but the velour dekoni hifiman pads do better with vocals. Audeze dekoni pads sound similar to Hifiman dekoni pads (both Velour), and they widen the soundstage, but they are just too big for me that way. You can make them work by getting creative with your rings if someone wants to go for it.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #3,424 of 3,903
We have two great things here. The best beer and beautiful girls.

Everything else is just a bonus :)
Yes great beer in Prague. I'm an Ale man. Burton River Reds from the UK and US craft Ale - Treehouse isn't far away from me.

For women in Europe? Slovenia and Croatia for me.

Death to Miller and Bud!

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,425 of 3,903
Hey he6 homes, what have people done for their headbands? I saw Resolve had an Audeze carbon fiber headband, which looks awesome, but as someone who has the LCD2, I know they aren't the same size. Anyone care to comment? Anything special about that? Obviously swapping to a standard Ananda/Sundara headband is easy, but the Audeze version looks really nice.

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #3,426 of 3,903
Hey he6 homes, what have people done for their headbands? I saw Resolve had an Audeze carbon fiber headband, which looks awesome, but as someone who has the LCD2, I know they aren't the same size. Anyone care to comment? Anything special about that? Obviously swapping to a standard Ananda/Sundara headband is easy, but the Audeze version looks really nice.
Are you asking for aesthetic or comfort reasons? If it's strictly for comfort, I added a comfort strap to my set it's very comfortable now. It's a stealthier mod than nuggets or pilot pad.

But if you just want the look of a different headband, I get that, the new headbands don't look that awesome. I know I'm an outlier, but I still think the OG Hifiman headbands look the best and I find my HE-400/500/4XX very comfortable for my head. I would probably try to source one by picking up a broken 4XX or something and painting the slider housing a matching (or as close as possible) HE6se v2 blue if it was just for looks.

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #3,427 of 3,903
You can buy the Audeze headband, but would need to find a source for the yokes and rodes, as Audeze won't sell them anymore due to people using the headbands for aftermarket mods like we are speaking about.

The Ananda/Sundara will work but lacks swivel.

The "enhanced comfort" from hifiman (he560 he400i old version) headband can work, but will need modified to do so. Either by popping out the screws from the holes for the yokes in the HE6, or by some other form of mod. I was going to try this but the headband took over three weeks to arrive and didn't get to me before leaving on a trip for a couple months. I'll report back about that whenever I manage to get my hands on it.

Currently I am using a strap of cloth very similar to @theangelboy above.

The one from aliexpress below also looks promising, so I will try it if the modded enhanced comfort doesn't work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...8fab27343418e7f58ab32a84ec7&afSmartRedirect=y

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3,428 of 3,903
Are you asking for aesthetic or comfort reasons? If it's strictly for comfort, I added a comfort strap to my set it's very comfortable now. It's a stealthier mod than nuggets or pilot pad.

But if you just want the look of a different headband, I get that, the new headbands don't look that awesome. I know I'm an outlier, but I still think the OG Hifiman headbands look the best and I find my HE-400/500/4XX very comfortable for my head. I would probably try to source one by picking up a broken 4XX or something and painting the slider housing a matching (or as close as possible) HE6se v2 blue if it was just for looks.
Both. Uncomfortable after about an hour, but want something that looks nice as well

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #3,429 of 3,903
I recently got SMSL DA-8s from drop. After playing with some filter options together with SMSL SU-9 it seems it works quite well with HE6se. I have to use balanced cables though as the RCA connection has noticeable noise level.

I still prefer the rega brio slightly better, but if this combo can pass the test of time, it is probably the most economical and smallest form factor setup: the SMSL SU-8 which is not that inferior compared to SU-9 was only $150, and this DA-8S was $100. So if you get a HE6se for $450 recently, you get a $4k set up (e.g., hekse + tube amp + high quality dac) for $600.

Dec 1, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #3,430 of 3,903
Has anyone tried Chord Mojo 2 with HE6se ?

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #3,431 of 3,903
You can buy the Audeze headband, but would need to find a source for the yokes and rodes, as Audeze won't sell them anymore due to people using the headbands for aftermarket mods like we are speaking about.

The Ananda/Sundara will work but lacks swivel.

The "enhanced comfort" from hifiman (he560 he400i old version) headband can work, but will need modified to do so. Either by popping out the screws from the holes for the yokes in the HE6, or by some other form of mod. I was going to try this but the headband took over three weeks to arrive and didn't get to me before leaving on a trip for a couple months. I'll report back about that whenever I manage to get my hands on it.

Currently I am using a strap of cloth very similar to @theangelboy above.

The one from aliexpress below also looks promising, so I will try it if the modded enhanced comfort doesn't work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004889584907.html?srcSns=sns_Copy&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&social_params=20712598545&aff_fcid=aa57ad17255c4b15b0d843292b3d83c0-1669745116468-00801-_mO53b9Q&tt=MG&aff_fsk=_mO53b9Q&aff_platform=default&sk=_mO53b9Q&aff_trace_key=aa57ad17255c4b15b0d843292b3d83c0-1669745116468-00801-_mO53b9tQ&shareId=20712598545&businessType=ProductDetail&platform=AE&terminal_id=3da528fab27343418e7f58ab32a84ec7&afSmartRedirect=y
I've done the HE400i headband mod on my set and I'm super happy with the results. I also have this headband on my Sundara (mostly for looks -- the original headband was never physically painful on the Sundara like the HE6seV2's). Anyway, the mod is not trivial, but also not too difficult. It was harder on the Sundara as I had to drill out the holes in the metal cups to accept the pins on the yokes of the comfort headband. Back to the HE6seV2 tho... I can now wear these all day long without comfort issues, whereas I was only good for about an hour prior to the mod. I highly recommend it!

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #3,432 of 3,903
Oh, and another word of caution if you're looking for the comfort headband. It's $75 from hifiman. Don't be fooled by the Adorama version that's advertised as a replacement band for the HE560, but has THE WRONG PHOTOGRAPH in the product description (it clearly shows the HE400i band -- super misleading). It's tempting because it's about half price of the other headband, but it's not the same one! I have one here I need to return because I put too much faith in the picture, and didn't pay close enough attention to the actual description. Words are hard sometimes.

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #3,433 of 3,903
The headband from Sundara is very nice and comfortable if you want to try. However, I am fine with the H6SE stock everything (changed grill though).

Dec 1, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #3,434 of 3,903
I've done the HE400i headband mod on my set and I'm super happy with the results. I also have this headband on my Sundara (mostly for looks -- the original headband was never physically painful on the Sundara like the HE6seV2's). Anyway, the mod is not trivial, but also not too difficult. It was harder on the Sundara as I had to drill out the holes in the metal cups to accept the pins on the yokes of the comfort headband. Back to the HE6seV2 tho... I can now wear these all day long without comfort issues, whereas I was only good for about an hour prior to the mod. I highly recommend it!
This interesting to me because I recently picked up a 400i and I hate the headband. It's definitely not built for large heads (like my massive dome), so those people should be wary.

Clamp pressure is super high and if the pads are too thin (i.e., Focuspad) the plastic piece that the yoke gimbal attaches to (the ones marked "L" or "R") actually press against my head leaving screw marks in my skin, lol. Also not a huge fan of the looks, that squareish spring steel shape is almost like cat ears.

Just goes to show that one headband won't work for everyone and experience is the only way to know!

Dec 2, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3,435 of 3,903
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back