Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 21, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #1,531 of 3,900
Yeah you’re right about the no rotation. That’s a weird design choice. I have a skinny head and big body lol. Kind of like a goomba from Mario Brothers lol. Sundara headband actually feels really good on me for some reason. I’m think I might just pad roll to something thicker first before I start screwing around with the headband swaps. Maybe I’ll get better clamp that way.

I know you’ve done some pad experimenting, which have been your favorite? I’m looking for some more bass quantity/impact, would the dekoni elites fit the bill?

My personal favorite is the Hifiman Focus pads because they give the same sound attributes as the Pali pads but with more comfort and seal (so slightly better bass performance).

I havent tried official ZMF Ori pads but people seem to like that too, but I can't say one way or another.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #1,532 of 3,900
I might be slaughtered by you all for saying this, but dare I say.....I really like the jellyfish cable. Sure it looks really cheap but it’s light as a feather, has zero microphonics, doesn’t kink, always stays straight, and sounds very good. It’s basically like wearing these wireless, I don’t feel or notice the cable whatsoever.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,533 of 3,900
I might be slaughtered by you all for saying this, but dare I say.....I really like the jellyfish cable. Sure it looks really cheap but it’s light as a feather, has zero microphonics, doesn’t kink, always stays straight, and sounds very good. It’s basically like wearing these wireless, I don’t feel or notice the cable whatsoever.

Thank you for being brave enough to speak the truth. I too love this cable. I've had many headphones with cables that were either way too heavy, had horrible microphonics, or were prone to kinks and tangles. This cable has none of those problems.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #1,535 of 3,900
Mar 21, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #1,536 of 3,900
Mine has a few kinks/indentations in it that were there when I got the headphones, and they look like some kind of surgical tubing, but like you said, they don't make noise, are flexible, and are light and manageable.

Mar 22, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #1,537 of 3,900
Could someone help me out, I received my carbon headband and yoke kit but I'm unsure if this piece(picture below) it's made of plastic and has a mold to the hifiman headband with like a cutout.. do I need to remove this ? If not it doesn't seem like it'll be as secure as one would like...
P_20210322_161914.jpg

Thank you

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1,539 of 3,900
Looking good @wazzupi . I managed to borrow a He6se v2 for 3 weeks and I also managed to get a 300b amp (8 sweet watts of 300b goodness) from McChanson on loan. This combination is a knockout. Imo, the sound signature of the He6se needs a powerful tube amp but of course solid state fans will beg to differ. :)

IMG_2068.jpg

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #1,540 of 3,900
Looking good @wazzupi . I managed to borrow a He6se v2 for 3 weeks and I also managed to get a 300b amp (8 sweet watts of 300b goodness) from McChanson on loan. This combination is a knockout. Imo, the sound signature of the He6se needs a powerful tube amp but of course solid state fans will beg to differ. :)

IMG_2068.jpg
nice ! :) I equally enjoy it on my Burson soloist 3 xp and Cayin HA-300B for different reason. I can't complain. I'll be doing more in depth listening A/Bing the two amps.

Mar 22, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #1,542 of 3,900
I can, owned two ZMF Ori pads and they are terrible - on the HE500, HE6, HE6se, even the HE5se and HE5le. Fat undefined bass, steps on the upper mids thus muting dynamics, and absolutely terrible soundstage (narrow, very narrow). Of the 13 pads I've tried on several of the mentioned cans, its got the worst soundstage.

Ether Angled Lambskin made by Dan Clark, expensive, but excellent.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #1,543 of 3,900
Mar 22, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #1,544 of 3,900
I have an extra pair of ZMF lambskin pads. Anyone have any experience with these? Cheers!

Mar 23, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #1,545 of 3,900
I can, owned two ZMF Ori pads and they are terrible - on the HE500, HE6, HE6se, even the HE5se and HE5le. Fat undefined bass, steps on the upper mids thus muting dynamics, and absolutely terrible soundstage (narrow, very narrow). Of the 13 pads I've tried on several of the mentioned cans, its got the worst soundstage.

Ether Angled Lambskin made by Dan Clark, expensive, but excellent.

Exactly the same conclusion I have :)

Funny enough, I bought the ZMF pad for the Ether Flow, and then I have an extra Ether Angled pad for HE6SE .....

I think the ZMF pad is too thick so it kills the dynamic and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back