Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #1,501 of 3,903
Mar 19, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #1,505 of 3,903
The extended yoke rods aren't the yoke kit, which need to be ordered from a dealer or audeze support.

Yep, I need to order the kit to attach to the HE-6SE. If Bloom is out (as it looks like) next option is Source AV? I'll try Audeze but have no proof of purchase since I traded for the LCD-2C. Either way no rush.

By the way, do you need the extended yokes or is standard good for this modification?

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,506 of 3,903
For the Audeze headband mod - the writeup on reddit says the screws for attaching the yoke to the cup is 2.5mm - anyone know for sure what the thread count is and length? I'm preparing to have all the parts needed ahead of time.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #1,508 of 3,903
im sure you can go to a local hardware store for the screws and washers.
That's the easiest. Just bring the screw from the HE-6 to the hardware store and go from there. Of course, do this if the Audeze stock screw is incompatible with the screw hole of the HE6sev2.

That's what I did when I replaced my stock HE500 headband.

KfmGwNM.jpg

Mar 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #1,509 of 3,903
My v1 just arrived. I had the person I bought it from put on the the honeycomb grill and Dekoni pads. My goodness... the BASS! And resolution and detail is impressive. I am on High Gain at about 12 on a Jot 2. Very, very happy so far!

Mar 19, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #1,510 of 3,903
I got the Dekoni Elite sheepskin leather pads. The bass slam and amount increased. They also seal so well that the he6se driver can crinkle putting them on.

the downside to these, there`s now a glare in the vocals` S-pronounciation and also the cymbal sizzle got pushed forward.

After putting a single-ply of toilet paper both the glares went away. Interesting alternative to the default pads.

20210319_194344.jpg

Without the toilet paper, the earpads the presentation is too fatiguing and wrong.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,511 of 3,903
Best planar I have heard, hands down. Bass is superior to my LCD-2 rev 1 Pre-Fazor, IMO. And much better treble! Currently using the Fenestrated Lambskin pads from Dekoni. I have read that these pads could possibly kill the bass frequencies, but I am really digging the HE6SE v1 with these pads. I have to compare with my Focal Clear Pro, but these are amazing! The stock cable is just as awful as expected, but I had an extra Dyson Audio balanced cable that fits perfectly. STOKED!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #1,513 of 3,903
Best planar I have heard, hands down. Bass is superior to my LCD-2 rev 1 Pre-Fazor, IMO. And much better treble! Currently using the Fenestrated Lambskin pads from Dekoni. I have read that these pads could possibly kill the bass frequencies, but I am really digging the HE6SE v1 with these pads. I have to compare with my Focal Clear Pro, but these are amazing!
Looking forward to your comparison with the Clear Pro.

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,514 of 3,903
D8000pro's are my current favorite still but I love my he6se as well :p, I just need a dynamic HP to complement my collection.
I highly recommend the Focal Clear or maybe the new Clear Mg. I think they are amazing headphones that compliment the HE6SE. Between these 2, you have 2 of the most resolving and enjoyable Open-backs I can think of.

Mar 19, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #1,515 of 3,903
I'm more into something that brings out the best in dynamics and I feel that is the mids/vocals to me from HD650 to Audio technica ATH-AWTK I felt like the vocals are the best, I love ZMF headphones too. I had the Eikon and Auteur I miss my Auteur >_<. But I actually preferred the AudioTech ATH-AWTK from any dynamics I had except I hate the build/fit etc but its a beautiful headphone :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back