Hifiman HE6-SE
Dec 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #797 of 3,900
Just got these delivered like 5 minutes ago.

20201201_122406.jpg20201201_122501.jpg20201201_122526.jpg

First of all, the color..... wow the glossy indigo color is aesthetically stunning. Was not expecting this at all. And the overall fit and finish is excellent, considering HFM's typical poor material choice and known QC issues. These do not feel like a 505g headphones. They're well balanced and feel very light on my head. I am genuinely surprised at how comfortable these are. The headband is well padded and the clamp force is slightly loose considering the weight, but comfortable. My only gripe with the fit is that the pad opening is round and on the smaller side. And although the pads are angled, the flat driver housing is still touching my ears and not sure how comfortable they will be over extended sessions. And these glossy earcups are just fingerprint magnets.

So far, very pleased. Lets just hope they sound as good as they look and don't break down in a year.

Now, time to listen to some music. Be back with some sound impressions.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #799 of 3,900
I got mine yesterday but the connector on the left kept cutting out, so returning for replacement. So bummed because I loved the sound.. I don't think they need mods.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope your next set works good out of the box. Things like this always made me hesitant with HFM products. I think these are definitely a good value at $700 and low enough cost for me personally to assume the risk, but never would've purchased these set at a full asking price of $1,8k for above reasons. Generally speaking, Sundara would be as far as I am willing to go with HFM products, considering the risk factor. With that being said, I love the sound out of the Pendant.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #800 of 3,900
Just got these delivered like 5 minutes ago.

20201201_122406.jpg20201201_122501.jpg20201201_122526.jpg

First of all, the color..... wow the glossy indigo color is aesthetically stunning. Was not expecting this at all. And the overall fit and finish is excellent, considering HFM's typical poor material choice and known QC issues. These do not feel like a 505g headphones. They're well balanced and feel very light on my head. I am genuinely surprised at how comfortable these are. The headband is well padded and the clamp force is slightly loose considering the weight, but comfortable. My only gripe with the fit is that the pad opening is round and on the smaller side. And although the pads are angled, the flat driver housing is still touching my ears and not sure how comfortable they will be over extended sessions. And these glossy earcups are just fingerprint magnets.

So far, very pleased. Lets just hope they sound as good as they look and don't break down in a year.

Now, time to listen to some music. Be back with some sound impressions.

That blue looks exactly like the HE-400 that I am holding in my hand right now............

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #801 of 3,900
I haven’t had any QC issues with any of my Hifiman headphones. I’ve had quite of few of them. Currently have the HEKse‘s and Susvara’s. The Susvara’s I’ve had for more than 2 years without fault. My HE6se V2’s are due tomorrow and I can wait to put them to the test.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #802 of 3,900
That blue looks exactly like the HE-400 that I am holding in my hand right now............

Sorry, I couldn't tell you. I have zero experience with HFM until now. I've been avoiding them like a plague until this adorama deal that I couldn't resist. Not sure how long they'll last, but sure does look cool.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #803 of 3,900
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope your next set works good out of the box. Things like this always made me hesitant with HFM products. I think these are definitely a good value at $700 and low enough cost for me personally to assume the risk, but never would've purchased these set at a full asking price of $1,8k for above reasons. Generally speaking, Sundara would be as far as I am willing to go with HFM products, considering the risk factor. With that being said, I love the sound out of the Pendant.
This is the only time I've ever had an issue with hifiman products. I've bought about 10 of them with zero problems. I think the issue is that most people don't have problems and don't report anything. For me it's 5% failure rate or so. The connector wasn't bad bad, but would eventually go out. So might as well get a good set.

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #804 of 3,900
Sorry, I couldn't tell you. I have zero experience with HFM until now. I've been avoiding them like a plague until this adorama deal that I couldn't resist. Not sure how long they'll last, but sure does look cool.

I've owned the HE-400 for a few years..................and have always liked them with all the mods you can do to a headphone but the HE-6SE is my current guilty pleasure. Good luck and hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Dec 1, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #805 of 3,900
I just received my pair from Adorama, no issues so far. They are beautiful and more comfortable than what I was expecting.

And surprisingly, I can drive them easily with my Liquid Platinum. I have also ordered an adapter from LQi cables because my goal is to drive them directly from my Exposure 3010s2 integrated amp.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #806 of 3,900
This is a little concerning. They should sound somewhat the same. Hopefully burning it will made a difference
I just received my pair from Adorama, no issues so far. They are beautiful and more comfortable than what I was expecting.

And surprisingly, I can drive them easily with my Liquid Platinum. I have also ordered an adapter from LQi cables because my goal is to drive them directly from my Exposure 3010s2 integrated amp.

Time will tell, but from what I heard so far, they are probably one of the best deal on the market at $699.
Does it sound natural? Hows the timbre of symbols, instruments, voices?

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #807 of 3,900
Really curious to hear some impressions about these. I hesitated between these and the Elex, and I ended up ordering the Elex instead, for a couple of reasons (I had the Sundara already, I lacked a good dynamic headphone, and Adorama charged $50 or so for shipping to Canada).

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #808 of 3,900
Really curious to hear some impressions about these. I hesitated between these and the Elex, and I ended up ordering the Elex instead, for a couple of reasons (I had the Sundara already, I lacked a good dynamic headphone, and Adorama charged $50 or so for shipping to Canada).

I've had an itchy finger for the HE-6Se v2, almost bought it several times :sweat_smile: ... but I had to jump on the annual Audeze sale to get an LCD-X... and on the special pricing right now for the ESP/95X, which I got today (I read with your interest your notes comparing them to the Avantone Pro Planar, which I have heard courtesy of another Head-Fi'er, and I agree largely with your notes there) -- but I'm apt to get swayed and get the HE-6SE v2 if someone hypes them on here lol ... so hopefully... not, for my wallet's sake.

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #810 of 3,900
So my HE6se Adorama Edition showed up got to say feels like a tank for me a little heavy but comfortable I'm use to the lighter V1 but with some swivel these seal perfectly where the v1 had kind of a broken seal. Sound good to using Milo Reference giving it 10 watts of power. Bass seems better then v1 more of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back