Hifiman HE6-SE
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,666 of 3,903
It's on the audeze.com website - I went with the carbon fiber version ($200) but they have the steel version for I think $125. The verbiage on how to do it is available earlier in this thread with a link to the reddit writeup. Sorry I can't shoot you the links as it's on my other computer but if you read back probably about 10 pages you'll find it. Seems very simple once you get the yoke kit - that has to be sourced from TSAV or Bloom (who told me this week they are out of stock and no timeline set when they will get more) but TSAV got me mine within two weeks.

It's pretty much unscrew the existing HFM headband and piece the Audeze one together.

Thank you, feel free to share photos once you have installed your headband

Apr 16, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #1,667 of 3,903
Thank you, feel free to share photos once you have installed your headband

Will do.............if all goes well the Frankenstein project will be done by tomorrow.......................

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,668 of 3,903
kinda off topic, but thought this is the best place to ask.

I know some of you are into 2 channel speakers. Looking to get a pair of bookshelf with the same detail, clarity, and resolution as the he6se. No bright sounding speakers please. I tried to ask over at avs, but dont think most of them know where I'm coming from with all of the he6se awsomeness. something from a made in US company is perfered. I was looking at ascend, salk, and zu.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #1,670 of 3,903
Broke one of my audeze yokes trying to bend it into a position that was comfortable, which felt nearly impossible, looks like I need to go back to the original headband and find another yoke kit
Why would you even need to bend it? I never bent mine when I fitted it to an HE-500: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he6-se.886229/post-16248190

The only thing I did was to snip off a small metal piece that for the catch in the notch of the Audeze earcup.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,671 of 3,903
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #1,672 of 3,903
I also tried to bend it just a little bit so it clams the headphone better. Luckily I did not break it.
A little bending is fine or just find some nylon spacers like I and others have done.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #1,674 of 3,903
I was bending where the rod attaches attempting to get it to have a better fit, evidently that overstressed the metal
I'm sorry, but What?! What kind of trash is adeze selling for over $100 and $200 for the carbon fiber. I'm a car guy, and my brothers has a machine shop, so I know how metal works. That's utterly not acceptable for the money they charge. They are literally using the lowest quality of material to make these parts.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,675 of 3,903
I'm sorry, but What?! What kind of trash is adeze selling for over $100 and $200 for the carbon fiber. I'm a car guy, and my brothers has a machine shop, so I know how metal works. That's utterly not acceptable for the money they charge. They are literally using the lowest quality of material to make these parts.

I am not a car guy, but still, I am pretty sure a good metal can be either easily bent or not bent, but never easily broken!

From the time I broke the end tip of the yoke (which was harmless to the functionality), I became aware of how low quality this yoke set is. And they are supposed to be the same as the original ones that come with the $2000 hp!

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #1,676 of 3,903
If I'm not mistaken, it appears that @Dallagen was bending the part of the yoke that is indicated by the red circles below, which is not the headband that Audeze is selling. It is part of the yoke kit that sells for around $30. At least that is what it seems to be from their posts. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm still puzzled why someone would bend that particular part. The only modification that I did for my HE-500 was to snip off the spoke at one of the yoke's ends.

audeze-universal-yoke-replacement-kit-for-all-lcd-series_750x.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,677 of 3,903
Audeze headband project complete..................pretty simple once you assemble all the parts needed. Didn't need the extended rods either as you see. No spacers/o-rings/nylon washers needed. Definitely more comfy than the stock V2 headband by a long shot.

The Audeze Vegan earpads on it currently are flaking a bit...............have a spare pair I'll put on it when I feel motivated to do so. And that is a Q French Silk cable if anyone wonders - it's the most pliable and easy to live with cable I've ever used. Have it on my HD800S and Denon LA7000 as well.

Attachments

• HE-6SE with Audeze Carbon Fiber 1.jpg
    HE-6SE with Audeze Carbon Fiber 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • HE-6SE with Audeze Carbon Fiber 2.jpg
    HE-6SE with Audeze Carbon Fiber 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #1,678 of 3,903
If I'm not mistaken, it appears that @Dallagen was bending the part of the yoke that is indicated by the red circles below, which is not the headband that Audeze is selling. It is part of the yoke kit that sells for around $30. At least that is what it seems to be from their posts. If that turns out to be the case, then I'm still puzzled why someone would bend that particular part. The only modification that I did for my HE-500 was to snip off the spoke at one of the yoke's ends.

changes the angle of the clamp force, was extremely uncomfortable for me without doing that.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,679 of 3,903

yeah, i know what he was talking about. The point is, in order for that part to break so easily, the steel that they used to cast the part is pretty low quality. It shouldn't have been that brittle. But, I also don't know how much force he was applying to try to bend it.

with that being said. I do have a set of the yoke kit, and trying to decide if i want the steel or carbon headband. It is better looking than the hifiman hybrid

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #1,680 of 3,903

It might be odd to do so, but it is not unreasonable. You really don't need much force to break it. Luckily putting it on your head does not create that much force still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back