Hifiman HE6-SE
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #1,651 of 3,903
No issues whatsoever but I would suggest that you have something there if you have pets, just in case, to avoid pet hairs getting in the driver.
See, that's my problem right there...cats :smile_cat:

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #1,654 of 3,903
Yeah. Been going commando after the 2nd day aswell. Grill cloth or not, dust is eventually gonna get in there. Just use a can of duster and lightly blow it all out once in a while if your worried
Yipe!!, IDK if I would want to use compressed air against or anywhere near those Planar drivers... forced air might be bad for the integrity of the foil - IDK about the rest of the assembly but usually forced air isn't recommended for delicate electronics.

IDK what to use instead if you are worried about dust in your environment, maybe keep it covered with something when its not in use?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #1,655 of 3,903
Yipe!!, IDK if I would want to use compressed air against or anywhere near those Planar drivers... forced air might be bad for the integrity of the foil - IDK about the rest of the assembly but usually forced air isn't recommended for delicate electronics.

IDK what to use instead if you are worried about dust in your environment, maybe keep it covered with something when its not in use?
lol, I wouldn't suggest putting the nozzle right next to the driver either, maybe keeping it at least a foot away. Thats why I said "lightly" as if your using your own breath to blow at it.

In general the dust isn't going to really affect it much

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #1,656 of 3,903
lol, I wouldn't suggest putting the nozzle right next to the driver either, maybe keeping it at least a foot away. Thats why I said "lightly" as if your using your own breath to blow at it.

In general the dust isn't going to really affect it much

If you were to really want to blow across the diaphragm do not use compressed air from a can. Its too powerful and can also eject freezing chemicals onto the driver. Best bet would be to buy a Mirrorless camera cleaning bulb to gently puff air onto it.

I still would be very cautious doing this.

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,657 of 3,903
I haven't noticed any dust buildup over all these years, but even if there was, I don't think it would affect much at all. Things like hair are different, though, because they vibrate at particular frequencies--very very annoying (I can speak from experience). The diaphragm seems to be not as delicate as we think, though, as I've blown hard on it and even used some foam and stuff to try to dislodge a hair from the driver's surface. It's not like just touching it or sliding a piece of cloth parallel against it will tear it. Of course, it's always scary, so I don't recommend it, but worst case scenario, it should be possible as long as you don't actually "poke" the driver.

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #1,659 of 3,903
Is the He6se v2 juice worth the squeeze?

1. Does the HE6SE V2 Slam or punch enough?
2. How bright is it? Mild? Too hot sometimes?
3. How do cymbals and female vocals sound? clean and clear? OR SS AND TT'S TOO ANNOYING or DISTRACTING?

I am basically deciding between these, LCD-XC (new), RAD-0 (used) for my planar rig upgrade... I HAVE MANY DYNAMICS AND TUBES AT THE MOMENT

(Used a lcd2, and a 6 SCREW before)

Since you've had a 6 screw before, assuming you fed it with plenty of power, you KNOW answer 1 is yes, it has visceral bass when fed right.
I'm 59 so maybe I don't have the hearing of a young golden ear but I don't ever think it's too hot/too bright.
Cymbals sound incredible - listening to some Rush right now and Neil Peart on the drums during Subdivisions has plenty of splashy cymbal work and it sounds exquisite. Female vocals are outstanding as well - I also listen to Sade a lot (my favorite female singer) and her voice sounds lovely...........

I love these headphones...............period.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #1,660 of 3,903
Is the He6se v2 juice worth the squeeze?

1. Does the HE6SE V2 Slam or punch enough?
2. How bright is it? Mild? Too hot sometimes?
3. How do cymbals and female vocals sound? clean and clear? OR SS AND TT'S TOO ANNOYING or DISTRACTING?

I am basically deciding between these, LCD-XC (new), RAD-0 (used) for my planar rig upgrade... I HAVE MANY DYNAMICS AND TUBES AT THE MOMENT

(Used a lcd2, and a 6 SCREW before)
1. depends on your definition of slam or punch. Basshead level? no. Audiophile bass slam and punch? yes, its good.

2. Depending on your music library. its not bright or mild and doesnt get to hot. I've basically thrown every type of music at it and its handle all of it great. Only time when I do reach for the volume knob, is when i play some miles davis and hes hitting those high notes on that horn. My main genre is hip-hop, rock, reggae, and some edm.

3. drums are great on this set and vocals never sound wrong. No hard S's or T's, i hate sets that do that too.

Apr 16, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,661 of 3,903
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #1,662 of 3,903
With my HE6se v2 headband I have an headspot when listening music more than 1 hour, to improve comfort I have ordered this replacement headband for Sennheiser :

https://www.amazon.com/Geekria-Head...HD581+HD650+HD600+HD545&qid=1618565346&sr=8-5

I should glue it with some 3M double face adhesive, I’ll keep you informed

While I'm waiting for my yoke kit to arrive (TODAY is the day!) to convert to the Audeze headband, I've been using a Sennheiser HD650 pad on my V2. Definitely helps.......

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #1,663 of 3,903
While I'm waiting for my yoke kit to arrive (TODAY is the day!) to convert to the Audeze headband, I've been using a Sennheiser HD650 pad on my V2. Definitely helps.......

Do you have a link to this Audeze replacement headband ? How will you adapt it to the HE6se ?

Apr 16, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #1,664 of 3,903
Apr 16, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #1,665 of 3,903
Do you have a link to this Audeze replacement headband ? How will you adapt it to the HE6se ?

It's on the audeze.com website - I went with the carbon fiber version ($200) but they have the steel version for I think $125. The verbiage on how to do it is available earlier in this thread with a link to the reddit writeup. Sorry I can't shoot you the links as it's on my other computer but if you read back probably about 10 pages you'll find it. Seems very simple once you get the yoke kit - that has to be sourced from TSAV or Bloom (who told me this week they are out of stock and no timeline set when they will get more) but TSAV got me mine within two weeks.

It's pretty much unscrew the existing HFM headband and piece the Audeze one together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back