Hifiman HE400se
Feb 3, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #661 of 664
Have to come back and hype these once again, they are super fun sounding imo, wide open soundstage almost no compression and punchy bass. What's not to like? Yeah, maybe the comfort but I find it somewhat ok I can use them for quite lenghty sessions. Sounds mint with progressive metal.

I'm driving them with a SMSL SH-6 and there's plenty of headroom and very clean! And these costs like 140-150$ it's amazing :)

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #662 of 664
Have to come back and hype these once again, they are super fun sounding imo, wide open soundstage almost no compression and punchy bass. What's not to like? Yeah, maybe the comfort but I find it somewhat ok I can use them for quite lenghty sessions. Sounds mint with progressive metal.

I'm driving them with a SMSL SH-6 and there's plenty of headroom and very clean! And these costs like 140-150$ it's amazing :)
Even when switching back from Susvara, this headphone amazes me. I like the upper bass notes better on the HE400SE. I

However the build quality is pure garbage. Handle with care and do not press the cups. Slide them on slowly. the crinkle is real on these. I broke a month old 32Ohm version.

I hope I can find another 25Ohm version even though 32Ohm is much more fun, but I find the 25Ohm very flat and realistic, true sounding.

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #663 of 664

I see you have DAW interfaces. I can strongly recommend you try the SSL12. It has a very capable headphone output. Just needs some burnin. Amazing sound and rock solid driver.

As DAC and headphone amp, it is simply unbelievable. So many features are packed in. Best of all it sounds authentic/organic, no harshness at all.

Going to external amp it really shines! - easily beat DACs price classes above. I have the cheapest balanced cables going to my HE-9 LE

This interface is the one to get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back