Hifiman HE400se
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #17 of 670
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #18 of 670
Just tried AutoEQ with Hifiman Deva (wired) preset. It's a good match, I can hear the improvement. Mids are not recessed anymore for one.
Nice, that just confirm the suspicious that they are a poor man's Devas, which is a good thing in my opinion. I also got my Devas eqd with similiar parameters with APO but might just try the Autoeq. Thanks for sharing it!

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 670
Nice, that just confirm the suspicious that they are a poor man's Devas, which is a good thing in my opinion. I also got my Devas eqd with similiar parameters with APO but might just try the Autoeq. Thanks for sharing it!

yes! even the housing looks very similar.
I'm very curious on how this headphone performed, reviewed by a proper audio enthusiast.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #20 of 670
If the new HE400se is like the Deva I will be very disappointed. The old HE400s is a far more smooth presentation. The Deva/HE5XX pretty much consists of small peaks and troughs from the mids and up...with some gnarly spikes in the treble making for a very aggressive presentation.
I actually had an HE400se on order up to..well yesterday or something to that effect..but I am simply too impatient to have to wait over a week just to get the headphone shipped out.
I may look into it once it is being sold in Denmark/the EU.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #21 of 670
If the new HE400se is like the Deva I will be very disappointed. The old HE400s is a far more smooth presentation. The Deva/HE5XX pretty much consists of small peaks and troughs from the mids and up...with some gnarly spikes in the treble making for a very aggressive presentation.
I actually had an HE400se on order up to..well yesterday or something to that effect..but I am simply too impatient to have to wait over a week just to get the headphone shipped out.
Never heard the HE400s but no harm taking a gamble with these, you can always sell them if you don't like it and you won't loose too much.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #22 of 670

The name 400se suggests to me that it’s just a 400S dressed in their new headband style that debuted with the DEVA but is also now used on 5XX, 400i 2020, 560 v4, 6se v2, and even their new R10 models.

The color scheme of the 400se even matches more or less that of the old 400S.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #25 of 670
Ahh I see you’re infected just as badly as I am. If I don’t watch my step my apartment somehow transforms into an old radio-operator’s radio shack with headphones on the tables, chairs and some even bustin’ out the drawers. As of now I still only have one head (that listens to music mind you:p).

BTW the original HE400s is a wonderful headphone. I still miss mine from time to time:)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #26 of 670
Ahh I see you’re infected just as badly as I am. If I don’t watch my step my apartment somehow transforms into an old radio-operator’s radio shack with headphones on the tables, chairs and some even bustin’ out the drawers. As of now I still only have one head (that listens to music mind you:p).

Just like Steve Guttenberg :)

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #27 of 670
Just tried AutoEQ with Hifiman Deva (wired) preset. It's a good match, I can hear the improvement. Mids are not recessed anymore for one.
Btw I just used the Autoeq preset for the Devas with Peace and it works really good, way better than my manual EQ. As you said mids sound better now, voices are a bit more forward and clearer. Thanks for the tip!

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #30 of 670
Recommended this to a friend and he tried to buy it on AliExpress but they are out of stock. By the look of it, it seems that those are going to be an asian market exclusive. Still waiting for mine to arrive tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back