Hifiman HE1000-SE
Nov 10, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #2,011 of 5,215
Then I have a question for you: what cable can you advise?
Endorphin is popular in Russia. I also looked after the cable from lavricables. Maybe there are more options?
I am also researching cables for my HEKSE, which I just purchased and I love them. HEKSE is just amazing.

From the comments above, is silver the way to go, or hybrid silver/copper? I have been looking at Norne Einvaldi or S4. Another member suggested Arctic Cables Palladium (nice, but expensive) or Signum+.

Any thoughts on these cables with the HEKSE are appreciated.

Hansound torfa 4 wires
It is really really awesome! Bigger sound stage and more quiet background and attractive vocal. Vocal has a little bit sweet not like sugar but like honey with light faint scent.

Nov 10, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #2,012 of 5,215
Nov 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,014 of 5,215
This is the best silver cable you can buy.
http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/SilvergardeS3HeadphoneCable

The only downside is the wait times are very long.
It’s a very nice cable, I have one and it sound very good and Trevor Goldman was a gentleman and went out of his way to see I was satisfied, but the wait took forever. That’s the only down side. I wanted to purchase another cable from him, but went with Lavricables because the turnaround time was around two weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2,015 of 5,215
How would you describe its sound compared to a stock cable?
Much louder (that's a joke -- I haven't spent much time listening to the stock cable for the HEKse).

From memory with the HEKv2, which I did listen to extensively with the stock cable, I wouldn't call it a huge difference. But what I absolutely love about the HEK (both versions) is the sense of effortless detail. By comparison, my Utopia seems to work hard to shove detail into your ears while HEK just eases it in. And I got more of that sense of effortless detail from the Lavricables than from the stock cable. But again, small difference. Kinda like swapping 'good' tubes in my Liquid Platinum.

Nov 10, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #2,016 of 5,215
Thanks! And why is it better for example the same lavricables?

He uses cotton for reduced dielectric around the OCC silver. Uses thicker gauge wires as well, which people say gives a more fuller sound vs thin litz wire.
He also does have a silver litz line as well.

Lavricables uses a simpler braiding technique than his.

Nov 10, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #2,017 of 5,215
How would you describe its sound compared to a stock cable?
The stock cable sounds comparatively rough and hard.

I went from the Lavricables Master Silver to the Grand and from there to the Norne Silvergarde S3. Each step was accompanied by even more detail – without any loss of smoothness –, what seemed like an extension of the bandwidth towards high frequencies.

Actually I was absolutely satisfied with the Lavricables Grand, just curious if there could be had some more of the good – and I could afford it then. I really like the light weight of the Lavricables and the Silvergarde's extreme flexibility. Both are absolutely recommendable and certainly a clear improvement over the HE1000se's factory sound.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #2,018 of 5,215
Nov 17, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #2,019 of 5,215
Regarding the already mentioned and recommended cables, could we make a small rang list in comparison to the original cables?

That would be really great, because it's really hard to find a cable that does better than the original one.

Because the question is always, is the euphoria of the new cable greater than the real effect or sound?
In this case, long-term experiences of the users with the new cables would be better compared to the original ones.

If I may summarize from the last pages,

1. Norne Silvergarde S3 ($690,- puhhh)
2. Lavricalble grand
3. Lavricalble master silver
??? 4. Hansound torfa 4 wires???
5. original cable

have I forgotten a cable?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #2,020 of 5,215
Regarding the already mentioned and recommended cables, could we make a small rang list in comparison to the original cables?

That would be really great, because it's really hard to find a cable that does better than the original one.

Because the question is always, is the euphoria of the new cable greater than the real effect or sound?
In this case, long-term experiences of the users with the new cables would be better compared to the original ones.

If I may summarize from the last pages,

1. Norne Silvergarde S3 ($690,- puhhh)
2. Lavricalble grand
3. Lavricalble master silver
??? 4. Hansound torfa 4 wires???
5. original cable

have I forgotten a cable?

Sure! From Norne Audio alone, there is also the Silvergardes S4, S3-C, The Einvaldi Reference, and even the Draug V3 which plays very nicely with the HeKSE. You could also special order a Draug Silver if that is what you prefer.

And yes, I am a proud Norne Audio fan boy, in case you're wondering, one who has not once looked back (or elsewhere) since purchasing my first Norne Audio cables 4-5 years ago. And yes, they are that good, for the HeKSE and any other Mid-fi to TOTL headphones.

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2,021 of 5,215
I just ordered the new Norne flagship cable for my HEKse (I don't think the cable has a name as of yet but it is 17.3awg 12-wire (18.9awg silver occ litz per polarity, 22.0awg copper occ litz per polarity).

Will post pics when I get it and feedback after I have used it for a while.

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #2,022 of 5,215
You can add an Arctic Cables Signum+, which is a pure silver cable.

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #2,023 of 5,215
i have the silver draug and the signum +.
the silver draug is a fuller sound.
the signum + has the instruments/ sound a little more separate. Not in a good or bad way but hust different.
Currently the silver draug is my preferred option of the two.

Going by history, the signum + will most likely arrive a lot quicker than the silver draug. A lot quicker

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #2,025 of 5,215
I’ve always been sceptical about sonic differences with cables, but I have to say that with the HE1000SE the differences are obviously noticeable.
Yes, you can easily change their tone depending on cable choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back