Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #571 of 5,211
I ended up never writing it. They just weren’t for me. But I didn’t want to be negative towards Meze because I’m glad that there’s a new company that is not just copying others but trying to be original with their innovations.

Considering your comments on the D8000 I assume you found the bass too much? :p

(I am a closet basshead...)

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #572 of 5,211
after few days i will compare my he1000 v2 ( which I re-bought ) to my friend's he1000se, i will use my hugo2 and ifi ican pro.

the 1000se if it will sound better than the he1000 v2, i will trade it and get the 1000se. But i highly doubt it would be better

i never had an issue with the he1000v2 treble at all. the only way i can see that 1000se to beat the he1000v2 if it has more body and more bass, other than that i do not want any less treble than what he1000 v2 offer

and from all amps I tried with he1000 v2 the ifi ican pro rules period, making the he1000 v2 full bodied rich and great bass and highs

To this date he1000 v2 is the best headphone I ever heard or owned and I owned quite a few totl, I will be very surprised if 1000se will sound better than v2, the v2 is the only headphone I sold and then re-bought

an example when hifiman came out with ananda I did not find it sounding better than my HE edition x at all, so not every new release means it will be better sounding than a older release

Yes the SE is a bit fuller but also more refined and coherent sounded – If the HE1000v2 is the best headphone you ever heard chances are good that you will love the SE!

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #574 of 5,211
Yes the SE is a bit fuller but also more refined and coherent sounded – If the HE1000v2 is the best headphone you ever heard chances are good that you will love the SE!

i am getting excited to hear the se alot

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #575 of 5,211
I thought the new Meze headphone was eh.. sounded muffled and bloated -- I think it will end up being like a first-round draft pick that slowly fades out of the picture a year or 2 in the professional league.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #576 of 5,211
I found the HEKv2 to be full enough sounding already -- so I don't see the SE being better in the respect, if anything a downside? Maybe I need more specifics on why more full is better. :p

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #577 of 5,211
I thought the new Meze headphone was eh.. sounded muffled and bloated -- I think it will end up being like a first-round draft pick that slowly fades out of the picture a year or 2 in the professional league.

I agree with you. But there’s a ton of people who love them. They certainly are gorgeous to look at. But I can’t wait for my HEKse to arrive in a few days.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #578 of 5,211
They are wonderful to look at. They honestly look like a more mature version of the HEK family. The HEKv2 looks kind of silly in comparison.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #579 of 5,211
I found the HEKv2 to be full enough sounding already -- so I don't see the SE being better in the respect, if anything a downside? Maybe I need more specifics on why more full is better. :p

The only thing I’ve ever wanted to improve on the HEK V2 was to have less peaky and/or smoother treble. Supposedly the SE delivers just that. I hope that turns out to be true.

Mar 7, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #580 of 5,211
The only thing I’ve ever wanted to improve on the HEK V2 was to have less peaky and/or smoother treble. Supposedly the SE delivers just that. I hope that turns out to be true.
if that's the case, i have no issue with the treble at all or mids on he1000 v2, anyway i will hear the se soon

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #582 of 5,211
Really? I heard they were much brighter and sharper than the V2. Hope that someone can clarify who knows both cans....

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #584 of 5,211

Watch this .. he states that it leans towards the bright side of the sound spectrum.

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #585 of 5,211

Watch this .. he states that it leans towards the bright side of the sound spectrum.

I watched that video several weeks ago. But that review lacks a meaningful comparison. Bright compared to what? The Nighthawk, LCD 2, or any Grado?

My point is that there are many in this thread that did the upgrade program so they know how the HEK V2 sounded compared to the new SE. And it’s been unanimous in here that the SE does everything a little better and has smoother treble. And that makes sense. Because the SE borrows Susvara technology and the Susvara is said to have arguably the smoothest and most behaved treble of any Hifiman model to date.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back