Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #5,101 of 5,189
Dekoni on my stealths are excellent but now zmf are doing hfm pads!!!! Supposed to be fantastic!!!
Just got mine this am. I went to see Pat Metheny this evening so haven’t had but a few minutes on the ZMF pads

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #5,102 of 5,189
Just got mine this am. I went to see Pat Metheny this evening so haven’t had but a few minutes on the ZMF pads
Woohooo im curious with how it sound compared to stock or dekoni hybrid. Please tell us your review.

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #5,103 of 5,189
To be honest the iFi Pro iCAN signiture is just not a proper tube amplifier and I would suggest a transformer based tube amplifier . Tube rolling will find you the sound signature you are looking for with the HEKSE.

Tube amplifiers like the Cayin HA-3A provide you with a wide range of different tube combinations that will ultimately find you the sound you are looking for with this headphone. For me, the tubes I found to be the best combination gave me punchy and powerful bass presence and just enough treble presence but doesn't go over the edge for me anymore. This Cayin amplifier also has an impedance switch so medium impedance gives me the most balanced sound whilst the high impedance brings the vocals more forward to a point where they really challenge my LCD 4 in the vocals department and the bass just gets incredibly punchy. As you mentioned the energy sometimes gets too much and this is the case in the high impedance mode but you can just switch it back to medium impedance and you can a more laid back delivery.
I second the sentiment on pure tube amps. And I do find the claim that OTL's and planars to not synergize well to be untrue, at least in my own journey.
My best value amplifier which sounds incredibly well with the HEK-SE is the La Figaro 339 with upgraded tubes; TungSol 5998. The low end is just so addictive.
Other amps that it sounds great on are the Mogwai SE (OTL), Studio Six (SET) and Pathos InPol Ear (Hybrid)

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #5,104 of 5,189
I second the sentiment on pure tube amps. And I do find the claim that OTL's and planars to not synergize well to be untrue, at least in my own journey.
My best value amplifier which sounds incredibly well with the HEK-SE is the La Figaro 339 with upgraded tubes; TungSol 5998. The low end is just so addictive.
Other amps that it sounds great on are the Mogwai SE (OTL), Studio Six (SET) and Pathos InPol Ear (Hybrid)
1000029993.jpg

I have Telefunken ECC82 & Reflektor 6V6 tubes and they bring out the best I have heard with the HEKSE.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #5,105 of 5,189
Does anyone use the Woo Audio WA6 (single box) with their HEKSE?

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #5,106 of 5,189
Woohooo im curious with how it sound compared to stock or dekoni hybrid. Please tell us your review.
From my short listen last night, the comfort level is very good. Bass seems more prominent while mids take on greater clarity and may be slightly more forward. You have to make sure all clips are attached and there are no gaps. The only thing I don’t like is Dekoni gives you the proper plastic tool and ZMF does not. I’ll listen more over the next few days

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:52 AM Post #5,107 of 5,189
From my short listen last night, the comfort level is very good. Bass seems more prominent while mids take on greater clarity and may be slightly more forward. You have to make sure all clips are attached and there are no gaps. The only thing I don’t like is Dekoni gives you the proper plastic tool and ZMF does not. I’ll listen more over the next few days
What plastic tool? I didnt get any plastic tool from Dekoni. Does it relax the treble or stay the same?

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #5,108 of 5,189
What plastic tool? I didnt get any plastic tool from Dekoni. Does it relax the treble or stay the same?
The treble may be slightly smoother as stated by Zach on the perf lambskin, I have to listen more as I could not detect much difference. I ordered the Dekoni haven't received them yet, was told they come with a small plastic lever to remove the pads? Do not use any sharp tools as the wood may get scratched.
I heard a greater difference swapping Dacs from Sonnet Morpheus to Gold Note DS Plus with outboard DS EVO power supply. R2R versus AKM, the Morpheus is an amazing Dac and if you are sensitive to treble energy R2R may be the way to go. I like the the smooth musicality and liquid treble of the Gold Note. I also found this just now on YouTube, contact Dekoni ask about the tool.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #5,109 of 5,189
If you or your kids have any Lego sets, the pry tool from them does exactly the same as the pry tool inside the dekoni box. My dekoni box didn't come with the tool ( I believe mine had already been opened at the audio store I bought them from) but discovered the Lego tool is a perfect substitute.

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #5,113 of 5,189
The treble may be slightly smoother as stated by Zach on the perf lambskin, I have to listen more as I could not detect much difference. I ordered the Dekoni haven't received them yet, was told they come with a small plastic lever to remove the pads? Do not use any sharp tools as the wood may get scratched.
I heard a greater difference swapping Dacs from Sonnet Morpheus to Gold Note DS Plus with outboard DS EVO power supply. R2R versus AKM, the Morpheus is an amazing Dac and if you are sensitive to treble energy R2R may be the way to go. I like the the smooth musicality and liquid treble of the Gold Note. I also found this just now on YouTube, contact Dekoni ask about the tool.

If you or your kids have any Lego sets, the pry tool from them does exactly the same as the pry tool inside the dekoni box. My dekoni box didn't come with the tool ( I believe mine had already been opened at the audio store I bought them from) but discovered the Lego tool is a perfect substitute.
What the... there is an included tool? I didnt get it . So you can use lego tools for it is it safe?

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #5,114 of 5,189
What the... there is an included tool? I didnt get it . So you can use lego tools for it is it safe?
Sure is safe!! It's very similar to the included (except for you and me) pry tool. Getting off is easybut putting back on is a litle bit more difficult. Just be careful and methodical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back