Hifiman HE1000-SE
Feb 28, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #483 of 5,211
I'm planning on selling my Susvara and getting the HE1000se as I personally much preferred the SE's sound compared to Susvara. As well as the Susvara being extremely tough to drive, even on some of the top 5 drivers.

I'm interested in what differences you found in the sound.
Any impressions?

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #486 of 5,211
I recommend y'all to not go back and forth on type of cable and just get the end game cable, DHC Prion 4:

https://doublehelixcables.com/product/prion4-headphone-cable-dhcs-masterpiece/

Or the Molecule Elite 19:

https://doublehelixcables.com/produ...8-8awg-occ-silver-zenith-homeportable-cables/

My first and last time ordering from DHC my money went into a black hole it seems, multiple emails zero responses and ultimately I filed a chargeback for my money. Nice cables I assume but hard pass on the service, or lack thereof.

Norne on the other hand is responsive and well priced w/ quick turnarounds.

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #487 of 5,211
My first and last time ordering from DHC my money went into a black hole it seems, multiple emails zero responses and ultimately I filed a chargeback for my money. Nice cables I assume but hard pass on the service, or lack thereof.

Norne on the other hand is responsive and well priced w/ quick turnarounds.

Fully understandable. It's unfair and shouldn't be a go for a company that lacks in customer service.

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #488 of 5,211
Big shoutout to C3 Audio .. I e-mailed them the night before and they shipped out my cable the next day, and I should be receiving it 2 days from when they shipped.
Great customer service as well. :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #489 of 5,211
I recommend y'all to not go back and forth on type of cable and just get the end game cable, DHC Prion 4:

https://doublehelixcables.com/product/prion4-headphone-cable-dhcs-masterpiece//

I'm interested in the difference between it & the Silvergarde S3
http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/SilvergardeS3HeadphoneCable

Both are OCC silver with cotton insulation & both have the same braiding style & gauge, but the Norne cable is a fraction of the cost.
Even the Norne cable has a identical case for the cable as well.

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #490 of 5,211
Feb 28, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #492 of 5,211
I'm interested in the difference between it & the Silvergarde S3
http://www.norneaudio.com/litzheim/SilvergardeS3HeadphoneCable

Both are OCC silver with cotton insulation & both have the same braiding style & gauge, but the Norne cable is a fraction of the cost.
Even the Norne cable has a identical case for the cable as well.

Norne does appear to be a worthy cable. I know one of the benefits to a DHC Prion4 cable is compared to traditional Y split cables, it is a double Y split within the cable with one Y going to the headphones and the other Y to the amp termination. So each side gets its own cable.

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #493 of 5,211
Thanks for your answers! I'll probably send my Grand 20 Core Silver cable back to Lavricables to be reterminated.

Based off of experience, I don't trust the quality of Lavricables and there return system isn't ideal. I ordered a custom 28 core cable for my V2 when I had, and the 3.5 end, when connected to the source and played, if the end moved a bit, the sound would stop playing. So it was like the cord had to remain absolutely still for the sound to be emitted. Plus they take a sufficient restock fee for returns as well as having to pay to ship it back to them and trusting that the cable is returned through the likes of USPS to get a refund. Plus there AWG is about 28. I don't think they conduct the mass amount of research to crafting a high end product compared to when DHC was primed or by Norne or by Kimber. Norne seems to be the way to go.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #494 of 5,211
Yes. He used to talk with us members. But then there was a very heated argument amongst him and many Head-Fier’s and it got very nasty. The Moderators had to come in and lock down the thread as it was in a horrible downward spiral. And that was pretty much the last time Fang has ever entered this community.

Say what you want about him, and he might be crazy. But he makes some great sounding headphones. They were my first love and I’ve tried countless other brands since, only now to return back to them. I’m currently reunited with my HEK V2 and loving it! I’d forgotten just how good a headphone it is.

I joined the college funding program for Fang's offspring. One fellow head-fier told me via pm that HEKse is above the Empyrean and find itself in Stax 009/Susvara/Abyss territory, and it is very underrated. I resisted to myself from making a blind purchase. But I became increasingly curious, and sold almost everything to get this.
The issue is that I was very disappointed with Sundara and Ananda, and never heard HEX, HEK, and others. Hopefully, I didn't make a dumb decision this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back