Hifiman HE1000-SE
Oct 29, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #4,651 of 5,216
I agree if you EQ the bass a lot it can be very rumbly, but it really loses tightness and the controlled punch. If rumble is what you want, EQ can get you that, if you want a base that can stay tight, punchy and can still rumble when boosted with EQ, look to HE6/SE.
I would like to know what amp you were using while getting those results!

I just want to put things in perspective, I have an LCD-5, and it is indeed cleaner and quicker in bass, but when EQing to the max, HEKSE delivers while LCD-5 has a "cap" until bass doesn't increase and it just makes everything bloated. I have also tried Susvara on a ~20k chain, and I have found HEKSE had more bass punch than Susvara (don't get me wrong, Susvara was better in EVERYTHING else by far at that level, including better bass texture on Susvara, even if HEKSE can punch harder without bloating)

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #4,652 of 5,216
I would like to know what amp you were using while getting those results!

I just want to put things in perspective, I have an LCD-5, and it is indeed cleaner and quicker in bass, but when EQing to the max, HEKSE delivers while LCD-5 has a "cap" until bass doesn't increase and it just makes everything bloated. I have also tried Susvara on a ~20k chain, and I have found HEKSE had more bass punch than Susvara (don't get me wrong, Susvara was better in EVERYTHING else by far at that level, including better bass texture on Susvara, even if HEKSE can punch harder without bloating)
Benchmark DAC3 to HPA4 and WA22 and Topping D90 to A90.

Oct 31, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #4,656 of 5,216
greetings I owned the 1000se 3 years ago, and before that I used to own he1000v2, and I remember that the 1000 SE had some peaks in mids and highs, now I am seeing reviews comparing he1000 stealth comparing to he1000se, and mention that the he1000se is more natural sounding and better tonally balanced than he1000 stealth

Has he1000se been retuned somehow as I am trying to get my hands on a he1000 variant, so any help in comparing both is appreciated as watching reviews is a bit confusing now

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #4,657 of 5,216
greetings I owned the 1000se 3 years ago, and before that I used to own he1000v2, and I remember that the 1000 SE had some peaks in mids and highs, now I am seeing reviews comparing he1000 stealth comparing to he1000se, and mention that the he1000se is more natural sounding and better tonally balanced than he1000 stealth

Has he1000se been retuned somehow as I am trying to get my hands on a he1000 variant, so any help in comparing both is appreciated as watching reviews is a bit confusing now
I compared both a few months ago. Both the stealth and SE are magnificent cans!! Se a little technically better but I actually preferred the extra treble energy of the stealths. Wasn’t much extra but just gave a little extra sense of clarity. But the se is still a detail monster. I also chose stealths because they were cheaper, but I did slightly prefer them. I’ll probably get the se down the track as well no doubt. It’s considered the mini sus but 50 times easier to drive!!!

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #4,658 of 5,216
As anyone ever used the Ananda Nano for an extended period of time and can directly compare them?. I’m especially concerned on loosing on the dynamic side of things if I go for the HEKse but I’m looking to get something better so I’m considering them.

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #4,662 of 5,216
I know this has been covered, and must admit I didn't read all the posts here.

Is there anything close to a consensus emerging about the HE1000v2, HE1000SE and the HE1000 Stealth?
HE1000v2 is airy almost always, but not intimate. HE1000 Stealth is more takes more control of the sound and can get intimate, based on the V2 tech with stealth magnets. HE1000se can be both airy and very true to the source music based on Susvara tech.

If you listen to everything or a lot of different kinds of music the HE1000se is prob the best. If mostly modern music with lots of compression etc, the HE1000 Stealth may be best to give the right sound, the HE1000se might be too revealing. And if you just like everything airy then the HE1000v2, i'm not a fan of it, it just never seemed to get there for me, I like dreamy stuff, but not for everything.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #4,665 of 5,216
Just noticed you have both Caldera and 1000se. How do they compare? Would love to hear the Caldera
The Caldera is an amazing headphone and a great compliment to the SE. This comparison is using stock lambskin pads.

Caldera slams harder. Has more quantity and detail in bass compared to SE. Sound is textured and has weight to it. Treble is detailed but not emphasized. Better soundstage depth than the SE. Tonality is slightly darker than neutral.

SE is more detailed in the treble. Larger soundstage width and height. Greater instrument separation. Sound is airy and instruments/vocals can be perceived as floating in the soundstage. Instruments on the Caldera sound more grounded and don't have that floating/materializing from thin air quality. Bass sounds like it's separated from the mids and treble. The Caldera's bass and mids are blended together. Tonality is brighter than neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back