Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #4,291 of 5,216
I read the opposite but with v550pro or topping a90d and holo spring kte it might be a good try
Apparently the Bakoon 13R is an endgame amp for the Susvara.

The cheapest amp that will drive the Susvara properly would be the ifi ican pro signature and you get the Xbass which will give the Susvara a thicker bass for around £1800.

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #4,292 of 5,216
I didn't have that experience. Originally owned an McIntosh MHA200 and it paired beautifully with the HE1Kse. At 500mW though, it barely tickled the Susvara. It wasn't until I received the Burson Soloist that the gap became clear. A properly powered Arya can beat a criminally underpowered Susvara.
Agree, sorry I wasn't clear enough, my comment was any high power / high end headamps like your Soloist 3X GT and my V550 (5 to 6 W @ 60 OHM) but still below the current top dogs like the Holo Bliss, Ferrum Oor or various speaker power amps that are known to excel with Susvara. these headamps (3X GT / V550 etc) should still make the Susvara sound better than a HekSE or HekV2, IMHO anything below a 2W shouldn't even be a consideration.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #4,293 of 5,216
They both need to be powered properly to shine.
Is "powered" the right word here? If it's loud enough, that's the power being delivered doing it's job. After that, wouldn't it be the build of the chain that is coloring the sound signal to ones preferences?
My perspective is perhaps wrong, but i'm running at 40%s on my headphones, and can't imagine more power would do it any benefit when it's using all the power being delivered to it.
Their (Susvara vs Stealth) tuning is much more similar than different. Main differences are: 1) Susvara has the usual HFM mids with the recession around 2kHz, which gives more depth and warmth to the vocals. Stealth is very Harman, meaning sharply focused and analytical. 2) Susvara has quite neutral bass but Stealth bass is more about subbass 3) Highs on Susvara is again very HFM, which is very sparkly giving a more airy presentation, Stealth treble is again very Harman, that is dry and more precise, but might sound not as fun. 4) Stealth is very dampened and sounds like an an-echoic chamber without any sound reflections, Susvara is very open and the airy treble extends it even further.
This is just so well written, thank you

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #4,294 of 5,216
I had the He1000se for a long time. Well 2 years is a long time in my audio journey. I had 2 headphones then and I reasoned that is all I need in the He1000se and LCD4. They were my pride and joy. I prefer them over all that came before it, including the ZMF Verite LTD Open Pheasantwood.

Well I live happily ever after and would have but I move on to Susvara. A year on with Susvara, I have never regretted it. Properly amped Susvara is a killer headphone and I miss my He1000se and LCD4 no more.

That doesn't diminished the He1000se and LCD4. It was the best part of my 2 years of audio bliss.

He1000se and LCD4 when I had it. I thought they made the most beautful pair together and very complimentary in tone.

IMG_4063.jpg
Hi, I'm debating on getting the HE1000se. I currently have the ZMF Verite Opens. What would be the difference? Which do you prefer? Thanks so much for the input.

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #4,295 of 5,216
Is "powered" the right word here? If it's loud enough, that's the power being delivered doing it's job. After that, wouldn't it be the build of the chain that is coloring the sound signal to ones preferences?
My perspective is perhaps wrong, but i'm running at 40%s on my headphones, and can't imagine more power would do it any benefit when it's using all the power being delivered to it.

I guess should also include current. But I assumed with all this being discussed all the time in relation to these headphones and Susvara it was none.

Jul 8, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #4,296 of 5,216
Hi, I'm debating on getting the HE1000se. I currently have the ZMF Verite Opens. What would be the difference? Which do you prefer? Thanks so much for the input.
I don’t own or heard the Verite series headphones. But do own the HEKSE and for the current pricing it is a steal. Its an outstanding headphone, well worth having in your Headphone Collection.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #4,297 of 5,216

What make you think (perhaps based on your research) that you have interest with HE1000SE? Both of them have significant differences in sound character.

Agree, sorry I wasn't clear enough, my comment was any high power / high end headamps like your Soloist 3X GT and my V550 (5 to 6 W @ 60 OHM) but still below the current top dogs like the Holo Bliss, Ferrum Oor or various speaker power amps that are known to excel with Susvara. these headamps (3X GT / V550 etc) should still make the Susvara sound better than a HekSE or HekV2, IMHO anything below a 2W shouldn't even be a consideration.

People need to stop judge the quality of sound based on number of watts. The synergy and quality in sound is even more important. Till some extend, the extra watts of power have no effect anymore, but the signal quality is always important no matter what.

I prefer to pair Susvara (and HE1000SE too) with Cayin HA-6A (around 1,8W of power with Mid Impedance Out setting), than Burson GT or Ferrum Oor/Hypsos that provide much higher wattage.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #4,298 of 5,216
I recently (1 month ago) bought the Arya V3. They are better then I was expecting.
My little collection : HD600 & Sundara & ADH9200
Amp's used: Topping A90/D90 and D90LE/ A90D, also TA26 Xduuo and AUNE X7s (Balanced class A) with magical DAC X8
Front end Gustard U18 DDC. Topping connected via I2s and AUNE optical

I try to explain what me surprised.
Yesterday, I received the HE1000SE and ...wow...this is something else compared to everthing I have got.
These headphones are stunning in every way. More open soundstage, depth, layering and tremendous detail in the low end. (I like quality above quantity)

What me really surprised and also the reason why I respond is senergy...
They sounded the best on the AUNE X7s/X8. I suppose they benifit the most from class A.

The power of the AUNE vs the Topping A90D is 10 x higher. Go figure...:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #4,299 of 5,216
I recently (1 month ago) bought the Arya V3. They are better then I was expecting.
My little collection : HD600 & Sundara & ADH9200
Amp's used: Topping A90/D90 and D90LE/ A90D, also TA26 Xduuo and AUNE X7s (Balanced class A) with magical DAC X8
Front end Gustard U18 DDC. Topping connected via I2s and AUNE optical

I try to explain what me surprised.
Yesterday, I received the HE1000SE and ...wow...this is something else compared to everthing I have got.
These headphones are stunning in every way. More open soundstage, depth, layering and tremendous detail in the low end. (I like quality above quantity)

What me really surprised and also the reason why I respond is senergy...
They sounded the best on the AUNE X7s/X8. I suppose they benifit the most from class A.

The power of the AUNE vs the Topping A90D is 10 x higher. Go figure...:wink:
Interesting find that Aune X7s has better synergy with HeKSE than A90D, will be good news for folks looking for a low cost chain for the HeKSE, a tip for the X8 DAC try with the Sparkos SS3602 opamp it lifts the performance to another level.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #4,300 of 5,216
For me the Cayin HA-3A provides a bigger more holographic soundstage and better low end definition, texture compared to the Schiit Lyr 3 using the hekse. I think detail level stays the same but everything is just more spaced out and more open on the Cayin so I much prefer using that amp.

I have yet to try a SS amp with this headphone but I reckon its best to keep it on tubes to relax the treble and to maximize the soundstage potential.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #4,301 of 5,216
Interesting find that Aune X7s has better synergy with HeKSE than A90D, will be good news for folks looking for a low cost chain for the HeKSE, a tip for the X8 DAC try with the Sparkos SS3602 opamp it lifts the performance to another level.
Thank you for the tip. I already knew that the Sparkos OPA is the best choice for the X8.
But now after I tried the AUNE combo , I definitely gone order one.

Btw, the D90LE/A90D has more depth, but I hear more detail from X7S. So it is subjective, personal taste and choice of music genre.
I have a question for you...I noticed a Mojo 2 in you're signature: how does it perform with the HEKSE?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #4,302 of 5,216
Thank you for the tip. I already knew that the Sparkos OPA is the best choice for the X8.

Btw, the D90LE/A90D has more depth, but I hear more detail from X7S. So it is subjective, personal taste and choice of music genre.
I have a question for you...I noticed a Mojo 2 in you're signature: how does it perform with the HEKSE?
As of now I only have a HekV2 but I haven't tried it with the Mojo 2, I'll try it soon and give you my impression on it, reason for not trying is I tried the Mojo 2 with my LCD-X which is much less power hungry than HekV2 and didn't like the pairing, it sounded bit anemic and lacking dynamics so didn't bother with the HekV2. About Sparkos opamps just to give you complete information before your purchase is finalized I read dual SS2590 is even better but I haven't heard it personally and is more expensive ($126) and require some diy as the opamp is quite big, you can check this thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aune-x8-viii-anniversary-edition.965467

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4,303 of 5,216
As of now I only have a HekV2 but I haven't tried it with the Mojo 2, I'll try it soon and give you my impression on it, reason for not trying is I tried the Mojo 2 with my LCD-X which is much less power hungry than HekV2 and didn't like the pairing, it sounded bit anemic and lacking dynamics so didn't bother with the HekV2. About Sparkos opamps just to give you complete information before your purchase is finalized I read dual SS2590 is even better but I haven't heard it personally and is more expensive ($126) and require some diy as the opamp is quite big, you can check this thread https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aune-x8-viii-anniversary-edition.965467
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #4,304 of 5,216
I confirm A90d was most definitely not special with hekse .

both z1m2 and dx300max are stellar with hekse and I mostly prefer them to my full rig ( soloist and v280/281 included )
talk about clean signal/chain/power .. :thumbsup:
the z1m2 have an edge and goes into hi-end territory a step more

Jul 12, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #4,305 of 5,216
Could find a Cayin N7 used at nearly mid price (2400€ in France). N7/C9 will be I hope a great combo to drive the SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back