Hifiman HE1000-SE
Dec 26, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #3,106 of 5,388
My 7day trial period for Susvara is nearing to the end, and I must to decide me what to keep. Thank you for suggestions/experiences?
I don't understand the problem.
If you are happy with HEKSE, then forget the SUS, and save a fortune.

For me, the HEKSE is by far the best headphone ever, considering the price/performance ratio, and that it sounds wonderful on any amp - even USB dongles.

Dec 26, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #3,107 of 5,388
I don't understand the problem.
If you are happy with HEKSE, then forget the SUS, and save a fortune.

For me, the HEKSE is by far the best headphone ever, considering the price/performance ratio, and that it sounds wonderful on any amp - even USB dongles.
Problem is that I'm not entirely happy with HEkSE for its treble overemphasis that affects timbre, but has super dynamics. Problem of Susvara is missing dynamics, but treble and timbre is top notch! Last night I found that at higher volumes (that I'm used to listen to) Susvara delivers that dynamics too. So my problem can be solved.

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #3,108 of 5,388
I can't tell you what you like or what to buy, but if you decide to keep the SE, then a free-ish solution to your forwardness issue is the Felian3 port mod and goldilocks height adjustment (as I posted recently). The port mod will also increase punch. This could possibly benefit the Susvara as well, but that appears to have different pad clip design, so I'm not sure if the same mod will work for Susvara.

Edit: EQ will of course also help if you can find one that doesn't impact transparency.

The solution to SE's L-R panning issue is a good cross-feed, as I've previously posted.

The solution to Susvara's punch issue is a more powerful amp (in particular, ones that have high Instantaneous Current Delivery).

Personally, I'm biased against the Susvara because, as a downsizer, I don't like its amp constraints. And I don't like Fang's blatant, cynical, over-charging of this model (compared to the cost of parts). Yes, all high-end has high markups, but I feel Fang took it to new heights (lows?) with this model. But if neither of these points bother you, then most people would say that the Susvara is fundamentally the better sounding headphone and will scale the highest with better upstream components. The SE will also scale well with better upstream components - it doesn't need a powerful amp, but it will reward better quality everything upstream.
Thank you for your suggestions. The price for Susvara I've paid is closer to list price of HEkSE, so it is interesting to me. But I agree with you that is highly overpriced. But that sweet vocals from Susvara are addictive. It seems that punch issue is due my lover listening volume that I'm used to. Will investigate that more.

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #3,109 of 5,388
@migo

You can also address and eradicate the harsh treble issue by changing the pads that i mentioned a few pages back. Those pads will not only add ;punch to the low end, but also tame some of the high frequency peaks of the SE. If youre still not satified, then go for the Susvara.

Dec 27, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #3,110 of 5,388
Problem is that I'm not entirely happy with HEkSE for its treble overemphasis that affects timbre, but has super dynamics. Problem of Susvara is missing dynamics, but treble and timbre is top notch! Last night I found that at higher volumes (that I'm used to listen to) Susvara delivers that dynamics too. So my problem can be solved.
I have some great vocal recordings , the human pitch is rendered exceptionally well through the 1000SE , headphone cable is Oidio Sound Dueland tinned copper wire cable adds a level of naturalist . Your 1000SE there could be a unit to unit variations with each 1000SE , such an annoying treble though I’m guessing.

For now I am content with my 1000SE though perhaps next year I’ll give the Susvaras another consideration. Holo Audio apparently will be releasing a solid state amplifier the design team used the Susvaras to voice this new amplifier with , pricing for the Bliss amplifier apparently will be under 4K USD .

Another solid state amplifier now available from Poland is the OOR Hypsos they used the Susvaras to voice this amplifier retail is under 4K also with the outboard power supply. Something to think about however buying the Susvaras you should also look at the rest of your chain components and soon your wallet will be in bad shape .

Currently I’m using a Cayin HA 300 headphone amplifier that is absolutely beautiful paring with the 1000 SE and just a quick note I’ve been listening to a Musician Aquarius dac in the mix and find it rivals the Holo Audio May KTE dac to a degree, a stand out attribute with the Aquarius is that it renders human timbre a step above the May KTE and so does the AudioByte Hydra Vox dac I compared it to the May .

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3,111 of 5,388
Thank you for your suggestions. The price for Susvara I've paid is closer to list price of HEkSE, so it is interesting to me. But I agree with you that is highly overpriced. But that sweet vocals from Susvara are addictive. It seems that punch issue is due my lover listening volume that I'm used to. Will investigate that more.
The shiit lokius or loki plus will fix your treble and bass issues, I have the lokius and use with all my headphones including the hekse and susvara

Dec 28, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #3,112 of 5,388
Thank you all for suggestions! I really appreciate it!

Dec 28, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,113 of 5,388
The shiit lokius or loki plus will fix your treble and bass issues, I have the lokius and use with all my headphones including the hekse and susvara
The Loki Max is very interesting to me , pre set memory and remote control from my lazy boy is very appealing. What front end components are you using in your system and what amplifier are you using to drive the Susvaras,. What is it about the Susvaras playback quality that you need to use an equalizer ,,.Thanks ..

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #3,114 of 5,388
The Loki Max is very interesting to me , pre set memory and remote control from my lazy boy is very appealing. What front end components are you using in your system and what amplifier are you using to drive the Susvaras,. What is it about the Susvaras playback quality that you need to use an equalizer ,,.Thanks ..
I use a schiit Yggdrasil as my dac into a gsx mini and flux labs VOLOT. The lokius is used mostly to bump up the bass on the susvaras when I listen to hip hop or edm and to tame the treble on my Hekse. To be honest I was never a huge fan of the Hekse until I started using the lokius I much prefered the Arya for its laid back nature but once I lowered the treble and bumped the mids a bit it became a beast of a headphone

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #3,115 of 5,388
I use a schiit Yggdrasil as my dac into a gsx mini and flux labs VOLOT. The lokius is used mostly to bump up the bass on the susvaras when I listen to hip hop or edm and to tame the treble on my Hekse. To be honest I was never a huge fan of the Hekse until I started using the lokius I much prefered the Arya for its laid back nature but once I lowered the treble and bumped the mids a bit it became a beast of a headphone
Copper cable tames the HEKSE

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #3,117 of 5,388
Super late to the conversation but just received my danacable lazuli reference cable in for my hekse’s from Vinh @ Gingko audio and I’m amazed! I was a bit of a cable skeptic and it’s only been a few hours of listening but I’m def a believer. The hekse just sounds great paired with the danacable…more dynamic, more controlled, fuller, bass response much improved…so transparent! I did not expect such a difference. Previous cable was Wywire platinum and while they were great, the danacable is just on another level.
315EF04D-6632-4881-9677-B0FC64F492D6.jpeg

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #3,118 of 5,388
Super late to the conversation but just received my danacable lazuli reference cable in for my hekse’s from Vinh @ Gingko audio and I’m amazed! I was a bit of a cable skeptic and it’s only been a few hours of listening but I’m def a believer. The hekse just sounds great paired with the danacable…more dynamic, more controlled, fuller, bass response much improved…so transparent! I did not expect such a difference. Previous cable was Wywire platinum and while they were great, the danacable is just on another level.
315EF04D-6632-4881-9677-B0FC64F492D6.jpeg
Love your Daft Punk style headphone stand.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #3,120 of 5,388
Hi there!

I own a HE1000SE and I really like it so far. However, I am still running the headphone directly on my iPad, which is not very convenient.
Now I have the chance to buy an used T+A HA200 for a really good price and I am wondering, if this amp would be a good match for my HE1000SE.

It seems that the lowest output impedance the HA200 can be set to is 8 Ohm. With the HE1000SE having an impedance of 35 Ohm, this pairing would be a violation of the 1/8th impedance rule.

What do you think? Has anyone tested the HA200 / HE1000SE combo? Is it still a good one, despite the 1/8th rule mismatch?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back