Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 19, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #2,536 of 5,333
On Hifiman HE1000 V2, pads are a disaster.
- fake PU leather whatever is flaking after 2 years of VERY light use
- Hifiman graciously changed it under warranty, BUT new pads have half less clips than previous pads,
which makes clicking it back on a NIGHTMARE. On pic, left is new model ; right is previous model.

I'm now chasing replacement pads from 3d parties. I've found Accessory House in the UK which makes excellent
real leather pads for TH900 I use.

These OEM pads from Hifiman on a 3000 € heads are bordering scandalous.

My Ultrasone real leather pads are absolutely pristine after 5 years of use.

Hifiman really needs to clean their act here.

What pads have you found exactly? Do you have a link?

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #2,537 of 5,333
I'm now chasing replacement pads from 3d parties. I've found Accessory House in the UK which makes excellent
real leather pads for TH900 I use.
When you do get the replacement pads from 3rd parties, do share your impressions. I will probably need new pads 6 months from now because my He1000se is heavily being used daily. :)

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #2,538 of 5,333
When you do get the replacement pads from 3rd parties, do share your impressions. I will probably need new pads 6 months from now because my He1000se is heavily being used daily. :)
I'm in discussion with Accessory House Global who is currently designing the pad for Hifiman HE1000 V2. His pads for my TH900 are excellent and seem really more durable as all Hifiman PU leather (utter crap) or eggshell from Foster (very nice contact and texture, but really too fragile : flakes totally after 2 years.

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #2,539 of 5,333
Oh gosh I forgot to bring the He1000se home today and tomorrow I'll be auditioning 2 tube amps. McChanson KT77 and 300b amps. Guess I'll just have to listen with He6se and LCD-3f instead.

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #2,541 of 5,333
I'm in discussion with Accessory House Global who is currently designing the pad for Hifiman HE1000 V2. His pads for my TH900 are excellent and seem really more durable as all Hifiman PU leather (utter crap) or eggshell from Foster (very nice contact and texture, but really too fragile : flakes totally after 2 years.
So as I have only the He1000se, do you know if the pads for the He1000 v2 works for the He1000se as well?

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #2,542 of 5,333
So as I have only the He1000se, do you know if the pads for the He1000 v2 works for the He1000se as well?
It seems so. The design of the cans seems identical. You should ask Hifiman… if they ever reply.

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #2,544 of 5,333
Mar 20, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #2,545 of 5,333
By the way, I'm sure my Cavalli Liquid Glass (stellar with TH900 and Ultrasone 12), falls a bit short with Hifiman. I wonder which headhamps shine with HE1000 (in the 2000/3000 € category).

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #2,546 of 5,333
I’m 99% positive they do.
it’s been brought up before by those that have upgraded from v2 to se and kept the v2 pads. as i am waiting for my replacement hekse to arrive I can’t check right now.

the only difference that I remember is one has a cover that covers the drivers and the other doesn’t

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #2,547 of 5,333
Here is something that I would like to share with my fellow HEKSE owners,..But first a question ,.Who here thinks the streamed 1s and 0s flowing to your streamer PC or what have you is uncorrupted and unmolested by noise and can not possibly get any better ? ,...An acquaintance brought over a passive filter produced by NetWork Acoustics of England that was part of a evaluation of a number of net work switches and components all aimed at reducing noise with varied results, this group of audio enthusiast that did the extensive evaluations found the NetWork Acoustics was the most effective at reducing noise . I’m sure their work will be published some where .

Even some of the guys over on ASR would agree by reducing noise will pay off in big dividends, you can measure noise , it’s the things they claim you can’t measure that sends them into mental meltdowns .

I wasn’t involved in any of the evaluations I’m just an innocent by stander that heard for myself the results however I will say this , if you want to improve the sound quality of what you stream this will do it for sure no question. It won’t be anything like changing amplifiers , dacs and cables it’s way beyond that ,

My streamed entertainment works out to about 30% having over two TBs loaded on my server there’s not much more I need however I will purchase one of these passive filters anyway. Check it out , there’s a return policy and the price for a full package is reasonable for what you get in sound quality results most definitely this will put a big smile on your face .

Mar 20, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #2,548 of 5,333
It seems so. The design of the cans seems identical. You should ask Hifiman… if they ever reply.
I’m 99% positive they do.
it’s been brought up before by those that have upgraded from v2 to se and kept the v2 pads. as i am waiting for my replacement hekse to arrive I can’t check right now.

the only difference that I remember is one has a cover that covers the drivers and the other doesn’t
I discussed this w/ Hifiman customer support back when I owned, and was preparing to sell, my v2. The opposite (se ‘Serenity’ pads on v2) was not ok, but I didn’t enquire about v2 pads on se. The issue was ‘mesh on pad’ vs ‘mesh on the drive’.

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #2,550 of 5,333
A picture taken yesterday of my choice of gear from my stable of amps. Yggdrasil > Taurus > HE1000se. At this level, this headphone is already very spectacular... imo.

Was going to sell the Taurus but it didn't happen and I decided to keep it.

IMG_2054.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back