HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Nov 18, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,082 of 1,232
You mean wiressly or in usb mode?
via bluetooth. I connected to the TV's Bluetooth versus the Mac Mini. I'm not 100% sold on these. I found myself going back to my wired HD700 last night which is the HP being replaced by the R10. Wondering if I should have went with the Maxwell. I'll give it more time.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,085 of 1,232
Looking how much I love these, I wonder how incredible the planars must be... I wish I could afford them...
Yes, I will give them more time. I did not realize they did not come with the 3m cable, sigh. I use these to watch TV and play video games. Would be nice to listen to them to there full capability. A Black Dragon cable cost more than the R10, so not an option. I will provide a better review based on my opinion after they break in a bit.

Nov 22, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #1,086 of 1,232
It needs some time to break, give them 20 - 50 hours before decide
Mines sounded like crap the first 10 hours or so, then started to get better and better
I now agree, I'm starting to enjoy these. For $400, they are good. Not sure if they will replace my HD700 as my TV/Game HP, but I may see a place for these in my collection. I do believe these will be Hifiman's hidden gem that will fall under the radar similiar to the Senn HD700. I got both for the same price of $400.

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,087 of 1,232
If anyone has a
Dragon Cables

Silver Dragon Premium Cable for HiFiMan R10 Headphones​

For sale, keep me in mind.

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #1,088 of 1,232
I'm waiting for the HER10D to arrive, the version with two cables connected to the respective ear cups, also because I really couldn't stand the monowire one and the first thing I'll do as soon as it arrives will be to change the wire. I have a Moondrop W series that is just waiting for the R10D. The only thing is that I don't know what to expect from the sound... for some it's a valid headphone while for others it's not a great deal... let's see... but the price I paid for it was too inviting... let's hope it goes well. Does anyone use it connected directly to some dongle or do they still need more substantial amplification?

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #1,090 of 1,232
Hi I got this Meze audio cable for Hifiman HE R9 headphones but I am only getting sound from left side of the headphones. I think R9 should have same connectors with R10D and other Hifiman 3.5mm dual entry headphones. Can someone confirm if this cable is compatible with these Hifiman headphones?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0756FZHTT?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

My understanding is the R9 and R10D use a different cable pinout from other Hifiman headphones, since the left cup can pass the right channel through it as well. There's another headphone that has the same pinout, but I can't remember what it is.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #1,091 of 1,232
My understanding is the R9 and R10D use a different cable pinout from other Hifiman headphones, since the left cup can pass the right channel through it as well. There's another headphone that has the same pinout, but I can't remember what it is.
HiFIMAN Deva (newest version) is also wired this way.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,094 of 1,232
A piece of advice... if you are not sure of the polarities that the cables will find when they enter the headphones, don't use them... don't test... the amplifier and/or headphones could be very badly damaged...

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,095 of 1,232
The wired version arrived yesterday (with two wires, one for each cup), connected to the Cayin iHA-6 they felt as good as when connected to the bluemini. This morning I tried them with many of my dongles and I had a nasty surprise... they distort already at medium volume and especially in the right transducer. Unbalanced sound is almost only heard from the left cup and even with the Shanling M6 OG if I raise the volume too much they go into protection and become mute. Yesterday the problem did not arise, perhaps due to the excessive power of the Cayin iHA-6 (7 watts per channel), but today I realized that I have to send it back under warranty. Has something similar happened to anyone? I think it's the internal crossovers because the drivers work correctly with high powers and with the Bluemini. Let's hope so.

P.S. However the headphones are splendid... and if they worked well they would be wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back