Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3
May 7, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #406 of 410
Coming very late to this thread. Just got a stock HE-6 (aside from Brainwavz angled pads). Initial impressions vs LCD-3F (through Woo Audio WA7): HE-6 treble can be a touch hot and bass isn't quite doesn't plumb the deepest depths so often, but still takes first-place due to being just more exciting. The LCD-3F is sounding a bit dull and veiled in comparison.

More to follow after firing up up a few speaker amplifiers. Let's see what 100W/side @ 8Ohms can do for the HE-6...

May 7, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #407 of 410
Same conclusion here. the Lcd3 is so polite in comparison, the he-6 has the outstanding ability to jump at you like really no other can. Its like a crazingly powerfull car that need to be tamed by an excellent pilot. Once its tamed, everybody is left behind. (Unless you go to something like the Utopia i guess).

May 9, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #408 of 410
I miss my HE6, sold it because I moved onto loud speakers, but it was the only headphone that I truly enjoyed.
keep it ! don't regret like me..

May 20, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #409 of 410
Two weeks later. More confused than the start. HE-6 is the most balanced headphone I have. It does everything well. If I had to only have one headphone, it would be the HE-6 without a doubt.

However, I still find myself leaning towards the LCD-3 for rock/metal due to that incredible warm bass. I still find the LCD-3 treble a bit recessed, but I don't miss it after a few minutes. HE-6 definite second place, above the AKG K-812.

I prefer my AKG K-812 over the HE-6 or LCD-3 for most jazz/classical songs. I can't get away from the AKG's detail retrieval and soundstage. HE-6 is clearly second place for jazz/classical, over the AKG.

That puts the HE-6 in the unusual position of being the second best at pretty much the majority of what I listen to. It'd be the one I'd choose if only allowed to keep one, but I think if I could keep two, I'd take the LCD-3 and K-812 to cover more bases.

May 20, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #410 of 410
Or you can sell the Lcd-3 and buy a second hand "Rega Brio-R"...because you know what ? The He-6 sounds EXTREMELY similar to the lcd3 once it's plugged to this amp, dark juicy sound without the harshness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back