HiFiMAN HE-500: wonderful... even without any amp!
Jul 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Malefiz

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]I just received my new HiFiMAN HE-500, which I chose after countless pages I read in this exceptional.[/size]
[size=10pt]I am waiting for my Violectric V200 (which I bought a few days ago and is on the way) and after that I will buy a CD player (one of the things which are cool with headphones is that I will bring them - together with the amp - in the shops for careful listening comparison – try doing this whith loudspeakers [/size]
wink_face.gif
[size=10pt]).[/size]
[size=10.0pt]For the moment, I have connected the HE-500 to my modest Sony “micro hi-fi” CMT-CP2W.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]Sure, they deserve much more than this, but even now theri performances are outsanding.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]Deep, controlled bass, smooth but detailed sound, even with the brightest CDs... They are a joy to listen to.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]I can’t wait to hear what they really can do when the V200 will arrive... and even more so when I will have chosen between Marantz KI SA Pearl lite, Naim CD5si, Rega Apollo R, Yamaha CD-S 1000/2000, Audio Analogue Maestro (first version, used), Gold Note Koala... [/size]
confused_face_2.gif
[size=10.0pt]  [/size]
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back