HiFiMAN HE-500 Loaner Program [EU-Version]
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #76 of 86
Either way plin, your review was written very professionally. 
beerchug.gif

btw "plin" means "gas" in Slovene

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #77 of 86
I've found that positioning the headband slightly forward on the skull rotates the cups enough that the internal crossbar no longer bothers me. Sound wise the HE-500 is the best phone I have heard (ie. for my sound preferences) and I much prefer the leather pads both for look and feel

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #78 of 86

Quote:
I've found that positioning the headband slightly forward on the skull rotates the cups enough that the internal crossbar no longer bothers me. Sound wise the HE-500 is the best phone I have heard (ie. for my sound preferences) and I much prefer the leather pads both for look and feel

I also tried various things and the best thing was to place the earcups more forward but then sound wasn't as good any more. I don't want to fiddle with headband, there is only one position on the head that I feel comfortable with regardless of the headphone.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #79 of 86
Dear Everybody,
I have received the return shipment of the HE-500 and it still is in pretty good shape. Thank you to everybody for taking good care of the unit and packaging it well before shipping. I think it is amazing that one can send a set of headphone to 10 people in different countries and they are on the road for month and when they are returned they still function perfectly well.

The EU-Loaner program is now officially over and I hope the reviews have helped interested parties to find out if this might be the phone for them.

Jan Sieveking

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #80 of 86
Thank you for setting this up. It certainly convinced me to upgrade my HE-4 to the HE-500 with a matching dent in my purse.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #82 of 86
nc8000 decided to buy the HE-500, but .Sup didn't. Oh well, that's how the world turns. I really enjoy my HE-500 (not being part of the loaner program; just bought them due to pure speculation). I would really recommend the HE-500. It has unfortunately been overshadowed by the LCD-2.

The HE-500 desrves attention for it's SQ. Really. :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #83 of 86

Quote:
nc8000 decided to buy the HE-500, but .Sup didn't. Oh well, that's how the world turns. I really enjoy my HE-500 (not being part of the loaner program; just bought them due to pure speculation). I would really recommend the HE-500. It has unfortunately been overshadowed by the LCD-2.

The HE-500 desrves attention for it's SQ. Really. :)

I liked its signature a lot but its just not comfortable for me. And comfort=sound for me. I wan't a fully enjoyable headphone in every way.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #84 of 86

Quote:
Thank you for setting this up. It certainly convinced me to upgrade my HE-4 to the HE-500 with a matching dent in my purse.

Me too I have been convinced to upgrade from HD-650. The clarity and midrange of HE-500 are certainly appealing.

Thank you for this, rare for EU, opportunity Jan and Head Direct!

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #85 of 86
     Quote:
Dear Everybody,
I have received the return shipment of the HE-500 and it still is in pretty good shape. Thank you to everybody for taking good care of the unit and packaging it well before shipping. I think it is amazing that one can send a set of headphone to 10 people in different countries and they are on the road for month and when they are returned they still function perfectly well.

The EU-Loaner program is now officially over and I hope the reviews have helped interested parties to find out if this might be the phone for them.

Jan Sieveking

Thanks for facilitating such a straightforward loaner program, Jan - may you have a massive rise in business due to providing such an opportunity. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back