Hifiman HE-400
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rpegaming

Head-Fier
Some of you may or may not remember me...well...It's been about 8 or so months since I got the Hifiman HE-400s...and...while I love the headphones themselves...I absolutely hate the cables that Hifiman makes. Both the cable it came with and my replacement cable arrived, basically, well, falling apart. The right side won't stay attached because it falls apart..The left side on both cables were 100% fine...but let's be honest here...I didn't pay $400 for headphones just to have two cables that absolutely ruined my experience with them...and I don't feel like paying for cables...

Does anybody have any similar experiences? It has completely turned me off from ever spending more than $50 on audio hardware again...I love the sound quality, I really, really do...but...Honestly, I've regretted my purchase because of the cables alone..

25% of the time I've owned the headphones they have been useless...the right side of my replacement cable was iffy, but it just now finally quit working completely..

anyways, it's just disheartening to spend that much money on a luxury item and either have bad luck (I don't know because I've never owned any other pair)  or the possibility that they're manufactured like garbage... (the cables, not the headphones themselves)..

For the price of a replacement cable I can just get a crappy pair of headphones that won't break constantly...so..

I'm sorry...I'm super bummed out 
frown.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 3
I guess I was just unlucky...Kind of sucks that both of the cables came the way they did though...I'm glad to hear that others have had better experiences with the cables

I wouldn't trade the headphones for the world...They are ridiculously comfortable...they felt a little heavy at first...but once you get used to it, it feels..just right. I'm hoping that they will help me with another replacement cable 
frown.gif
..and maybe this time I can get them to check it before they ship it...would hate for a THIRD cable to arrive the same way :frowning2:

Edit: Redundant post had redundant text

Users who are viewing this thread

Back