HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #826 of 903

Quote:

Appreciate the update.  Speaking only for myself take as much time as needed.  I don't mind the delay so much.  Rather have all the kinks ironed out instead

Yup. That's speaking for me too. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #828 of 903
So middle of Feb (around the week starting 13th) is when the second batch is supposed to ship?

Can't wait!

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #829 of 903
Got this baby yesterday.  *****IN' AWESOME.  Still burning them in, but they sound great.  I thought they had a problem-too excited and hooked it into my ipod- only one side was working.  Plugged it into my audio interface, both sides worked.  With these on, you can hear all the brickwalling they do in modern day recordings! yay!   

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #830 of 903

Quote:
So middle of Feb (around the week starting 13th) is when the second batch is supposed to ship?

Can't wait!

Didn't Fang say something about putting in a week's worth of burn-in before shipping out? I figured it meant 2nd batch would start shipping out more towards the end of the month. Maybe I misunderstood something?

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #832 of 903
The most interesting thing in the Headfonia review was, in my opinion, the comments about how much the sonic signature could be changed by aftermarket cables. It will be good to see someone make a cable than can make the treble sparkle without losing the punchy bass.

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #833 of 903

Quote:
The most interesting thing in the Headfonia review was, in my opinion, the comments about how much the sonic signature could be changed by aftermarket cables. It will be good to see someone make a cable than can make the treble sparkle without losing the punchy bass.

The "punchy" bass comments are interesting to me. They say the bass is "punchier" than the other HiFiMan orthos, but I'm not sure what that means. To me, the bass is big and definitely dominates the sound signature, but it lacks speed and tightness. If bass can be "punchy" without being very tight, then I suppose they are correct.

I agree with the rest of the review. Very dark treble, thick-sounding mids, and big but somewhat loose bass.

As for the silver cable comments, I'm not gonna go there...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #834 of 903
We have done some research on defective drivers, and noticed poor contact between metal trace and frame. We reinforce the contact, then problem solved. We run-in the fixed drivers for 100+ hrs and don't have the problem again. We will keep run-in the fixed drivers until 200+ hrs. Very possibly we will eluminate the problem from 2nd batch.

Normally we do 1 year warranty for HE-400. For all HE-400 shipped on Jan, 2012, we will provide 3 year replacement policy.

Waaaooouuu! That's really impressive! Thanks!

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #835 of 903
The "punchy" bass comments are interesting to me. They say the bass is "punchier" than the other HiFiMan orthos, but I'm not sure what that means. To me, the bass is big and definitely dominates the sound signature, but it lacks speed and tightness. If bass can be "punchy" without being very tight, then I suppose they are correct.

I agree with the rest of the review. Very dark treble, thick-sounding mids, and big but somewhat loose bass.

As for the silver cable comments, I'm not gonna go there...:rolleyes:

I read "punchy" as hard hitting. Read HeadRoom's "What we think" article about the AKG K701: They call the bass punchy, but nobody would call that headphone a bassy one.

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #836 of 903
I got email from head-direct customer service saying that because of insufficient raw material supply HE-400/500 are delayed till Feb 11 so i just wondering if this time includes one week of testing Fang mentioned earlier or not, I would rather wait a little extra and get properly tested and working pair.

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #837 of 903
I have an issue with the depiction they have of the HE-4, which to me is utter BS. The HE-4 isn't special? What? IMHO, it takes everything that made the DT880 good, and mixed it with everything that made the DT990 good, and improved on them both.

But anyways. :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #838 of 903

Quote:
I got email from head-direct customer service saying that because of insufficient raw material supply HE-400/500 are delayed till Feb 11 so i just wondering if this time includes one week of testing Fang mentioned earlier or not, I would rather wait a little extra and get properly tested and working pair.

I checked my email and all I had in it was a Diablo 3 beta invite.  It wouldn't bother me if they delayed my order a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back