HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #766 of 903
I've gotta say, QC issues aside, I have fallen in love with the sound of these for electronic music. Its been 5 days and they keep wow-ing me with their combination of clarity, bass punch, and speed. To my ears, they absolutely destroy the Pro900's, which are at a similar price-point. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #768 of 903
Except for the first hour when the left side was dead totally, mine has been working fine without issue. To prevent channel-imbalance issue from coming up again, I don't dare turning off the amp that these are plugged into LOL!

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #769 of 903
So I'm happy to report that I haven't any problems since Sunday (after I tightened the inside) with these cans. Today I absolutely fell in love and couldn't stop listening to a mix of electronic / ambient / drone. Everything just sounded so amazing. I am truly in love with these headphones.

edit: Oh damn. I just had it cut out twice while cranking some metallica :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #771 of 903

Quote:
Mine were shipped on the 17th.
how long are they supposed to take to get here?

Get...where exactly? Shipping to some countries could be slower just due to geography / customs.

Regardless, just pass a PM to Fang and he should be able to sort it out.

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #772 of 903
This is some of my messages with Mr. Fang.

Mr. Nankai.

Is it so that you will send Right Driver up to me at Thursday 27?
I must know this to make arangements, thus i´m heading at SEA 1st Feb.
My only reason to buy these was to bring them with me out to the Arctic sea..

Hope you can make this Happend.

-->

I will let our US shipping dept ship you a returned HE-400 with both drivers working or at least one side working. We will ship via express mail so that you will receive before 1st Feb. If you got only one side working, you can remove the working driver and put it on yours. If your HE-400 got something wrong later, we will help you got free replacement. 

Best,
Fang

Now, they are on their way!

GOOD service HIFIMAN!!

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #773 of 903
We have done some research on defective drivers, and noticed poor contact between metal trace and frame. We reinforce the contact, then problem solved. We run-in the fixed drivers for 100+ hrs and don't have the problem again. We will keep run-in the fixed drivers until 200+ hrs. Very possibly we will eluminate the problem from 2nd batch.

Normally we do 1 year warranty for HE-400. For all HE-400 shipped on Jan, 2012, we will provide 3 year replacement policy.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #775 of 903
You've gotta love this guy!

Quote:
We have done some research on defective drivers, and noticed poor contact between metal trace and frame. We reinforce the contact, then problem solved. We run-in the fixed drivers for 100+ hrs and don't have the problem again. We will keep run-in the fixed drivers until 200+ hrs. Very possibly we will eluminate the problem from 2nd batch.

Normally we do 1 year warranty for HE-400. For all HE-400 shipped on Jan, 2012, we will provide 3 year replacement policy.

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #777 of 903

Quote:

That is great service. Thanks!

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #778 of 903

Quote:
Do those of us who pre-ordered but aren't getting ours until after the Chinese New Year get the 3 year warranty?

Doubt it since we won't be going through the trouble of disassembling / soldering etc, but sure we can hope.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #780 of 903
Probably been asked 1000 times, but since the second batch of HE-400's look like they'll turn out nice... So, is it true from people's experience that these don't need that much in way of amping? Are they truly a reasonable headphone at the price, with, say, a FiiO E17?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back