HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #751 of 903
And before people jump all over the wording, I'm fairly sure that Fang meant they will last for longer than a couple of years...
And if a certain member decides that my defending Fang needs for him to PM me to call me names again then go ahead...

Quote:
HE-300, HE-400, HE-500, and HE-6 will last for a couple of years and we will not quickly release new headphones and replace any of them. 

and to echo MuppetFace I love my HE-500 and look forward to years of enjoying them. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #753 of 903

Quote:
HE-300, HE-400, HE-500, and HE-6 will last for a couple of years and we will not quickly release new headphones and replace any of them. 

Good to know. I wondered if I got the 400/500 whether a new model might come out soon after. Thanks Nankai, if you're not too busy, could you brief us on the burn-in requirements for the HE-400 if there are any. Cheers~

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #754 of 903
Cut-outs are gone for me after taking out the driver and tightening all the nuts and bolts. Slightly worried it happened to me after such a good start (no problems for the first four days), but this seems to have fixed the issue. Fingers crossed.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #755 of 903
Hi, I'm based in England and was very interested in importing a set of the HE-400s but now I find I'm being turned off by the amount of faulty sets on this thread. I don't want to buy them incurring the additional costs of 20% import duty and international postage only to incur those cost again returning them. And again if that set is faulty...

Have the problems been resolved? Was it down to a faulty batch, etc?

Regards

Rod

PS This is my first post and I only joined because of my interest in these headphones.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #757 of 903
Received mine yesterday.

No sound from left channel, but after increasing volume on LD I+ sound came out nice and beautifull. Played for more than 1 hour and it´s Ok.

On the other hand, the OFC balanced cable did not worked. It seems that the left nut is fixed all the way down.

It seems I am going to need some help from head-direct now.

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #759 of 903

Quote:
Don't worry. All defective issues are coming from 1st batch. If you place order now or anytime after, you won't receive the headphone with same issue because we have already figured out a way to solve the problem. 

Happy to hear that and hopefully whole 1st batch is gone now so every pair shipped after the holiday wtll be from new batch with improved drivers only without issues but i doubt my pair will be shipped on Jan 30 as promised in the email I got about shipping delay

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #760 of 903

Quote:
Judging by Head-DIrect's rate of releases, who knows what would be out in a year's time. Heck, by that time who knows what other manufacturers would have around this price point as well. A line of closed orthos [that work] would be nice.

I liked your old avatar better 
tongue_smile.gif

I agree it would be nice if they'd do some closed orthos, like the T50RP.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #761 of 903

Quote:
I liked your old avatar better 
tongue_smile.gif

I agree it would be nice if they'd do some closed orthos, like the T50RP.

It'd be nice, if they could pull it off.

Designing closed headphones is much harder than open ones IMO since you have to account for sound reverb inside the casing, which is nigh impossible to completely eliminate unless you have a perfectly engineered semi-open design (like what Senn top cans use), the majority of other world-class cans are also all open mainly because of it, with a few exceptions of course but those brands have a looooong history of developing nearly exclusively closed headphones with similar/identical casing designs so they've got it figured out.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #762 of 903

Quote:
Good to know. I wondered if I got the 400/500 whether a new model might come out soon after. Thanks Nankai, if you're not too busy, could you brief us on the burn-in requirements for the HE-400 if there are any. Cheers~

I don't think there are a lot of requirements for planar headphones. Even you run-in for 100 hrs, the driver is not hot at all. Don't be too loud though. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #764 of 903

Quote:
Experienced a fault left phone today when I started to listen to them. A pressure on the base of the left drive solved the question, by now.

Boy, they sound GOOD!

Could you draw some comparisons between them and other headphones you have and know well?

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #765 of 903

Given up on the HE-4? A right shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back