HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Jan 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #361 of 903

Quote:
Update:  We have shipped orders paid before Jan 10. Because of Chinese new year holiday, we will ship rest headphones at the second or third week of Feb 2012. 

[snip]

Until CES close on January 13, we are offering HE-400 at special pre-order pricing of $349.  Save $50 by ordering by Monday January 13. We will do shipping on Jan 15th, 2012.

This is a Sponsor's Announcement thread, and the first sentence (added tonight) certainly runs directly counter to the second sentence's original enticement to order early, unheard.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #362 of 903
We got extra high volume in the last three days of perorder period (1 week before Chinese new year, Jan 23th). Manufacturers close 3 to 4 weeks in China new year: 1 weeks before and 2 weeks after. During the period, if we persuade our workers to stay in factory and manufacture headphone drivers (which is impossible), but we will not be able to find any venders making other components such as headband and earpads for us. Workers from thousand miles away from the factory need to go back home and stay with their family in these three weeks. This is not same to US Christmas. Chinese workers like to work 6 days per week, and take a whole month to stay with family. 

If any of you want to get refund, please contact head.direct@gmail.com. Thanks. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jan 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #363 of 903
We will be very happy to refund you if you could let us know your name and address. Thanks. 

Quote:
As excited as I'm about these headphones, I have to say that I think Hifiman is practicing lousy business. The HE-400 pre-order option on their website, and here, *clearly* stated that the headphones would be shipped via USPS on January 15, (which is incidentally a Sunday, when the post office is closed). When I placed an order on the 13th, the last day of the promotion, the site kept telling me that my credit card had expired, which was not the case, and when I called the customer service number, a woman, shouting over some very loud music, told me to email her manager. I finally placed the order via Paypal. There was no confirmation email, and my emails to customer service and said manager have gone unanswered. And now there's a group announcement on Head-Fi (and, incredibly, not even on the company's website or Head Direct) that the headphones I paid for, that were supposed to be shipped today, will ship... in A MONTH!! Maybe longer? All this *after* payment? I have to say that is pretty outrageous. I'm leaving for a two-month trip at the end of January and hoped to take these headphones with me, and now this obviously won't happen. I appreciate that Hifiman is a small company offering good value, but collecting people's money online does not make you a business. There also has to be some aspect of accountability, honesty and treating the customer with respect. The Chinese New Year festival, though it is long, does not last a month, and neither is it exactly unforeseeable. When you make a mistake, it should be your job to make it right, not your customers'. Honestly, these business practices make me question the quality of the product. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #364 of 903
Fang:

Thank you.  Do you have any comments on the box or lack thereof?

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #365 of 903
Well, people like to complain. It is factory's right to choose box for the products. However, if customer don't like the box and they think the box is more important than sound quality, they do have the right to cancel the order and ask for refund.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #366 of 903

Quote:
I just asked Head-Direct this same thing. According to customer service all HE series phones come "nested in velvet with spare pads and a box". I was hoping for the zipper hard case I saw in the HE-500 thread. I'd like to know where to get one of those cases. Head-Direct doesn't seem to know anything about them.

People just "like" to complain. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #367 of 903

Quote:
Well, people like to complain. It is factory's right to choose box for the products. However, if customer don't like the box and they think the box is more important than sound quality, they do have the right to cancel the order and ask for refund.

Thanks for the clarification. Personally I'm fine with no hard-box. It's just hard to get off the hedonic treadmill of previous HiFiMAN cans having the boxes, nothing more.

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #368 of 903

Quote:

People just "like" to complain. 

You can actually try to contact Senn and ask for a HD800's box when you get a HD555. 

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Personally I'm fine with no hard-box. It's just hard to get off the hedonic treadmill of previous HiFiMAN cans having the boxes, nothing more.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #375 of 903
Agreed, wholeheartedly
beyersmile.png

Quote:
To everyone at HIFIMAN

Have a happy Chinese New Years.  Take a well deserved rest.  

To everyone else

Wish you all the best this coming year.

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back